Arma 3 Apex (Tanoa): Adoption by FA

Epic fail avoidance

Arma 3 Apex (Tanoa): Adoption by FA

Postby fer » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Comrade, when is the Arma 3 Apex expansion (Tanoa) being released?
According to BI, the expansion will be released sometime in 2016 Q2 (it may be available earlier on the dev branch, which FA does not use).

When will FA adopt Apex for use in its sessions?
The Politburo has decided to adopt Apex from the [Sun] 17 Jul 2016 session.

Does this mean I will require a copy of Apex to participate in sessions?
To fully participate in our sessions you'll require a copy of Apex. Non-owners of Apex can use new equipment and units (with restrictions, as with the Marksmen DLC), but would be forced to sit-out any missions on Tanoa.

Why has the Politburo decided to adopt Apex so soon after release?
In a word: Tanoa. In two words: new terrain. Our 'no required mods' approach continues to make FA special, but has also restricted us to Altis and Stratis for years - we just can't pass up this opportunity to add a new terrain.

Apex costs money. Couldn't we wait longer to adopt? Like, after the next Steam sale?
The importance of having a new terrain makes this a special case. More importantly, by announcing this decision today we're giving everyone 2-5 months to save up. BTW, Apex can be pre-ordered from the BI store now with a 20% discount.

What about splitting the sessions for a while, e.g. only require Apex on Tuesdays?
Our transition to Arma 3 suggests an overlap complicates things - especially for mission makers and comrades in non-EU timezones. Apex is an expansion, so we feel confident making the jump quickly and allowing mission makers to explore the new terrain ASAP.

Fair enough, I shall begin saving potatoes now! Can you show me a motivational video?
Sure!

fer

Re: Arma 3 Apex (Tanoa): Adoption by FA

Postby fer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:25 am

Comrades, a critical update!

fer wrote:When will FA adopt Apex for use in its sessions?
The Politburo has decided to adopt Apex from the [Sun] 17 Jul 2016 session.
fer

Return to ArmA 3: Folk ARPS Workshops