Xenonauts, Folk style Lets play

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

wolfenswan

Re: Xenonauts, Folk style Lets play

Post by wolfenswan »

Dude, this is Xenonauts. You have to post pictures of the soldiers laconic, "we-are-all-going-to-die" facial expressions.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

Bones, you mispelled my name. It's Gaius, not giaus... I believe a capitalist spy has infiltrated our ranks pretending to be me.

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

wolfenswan wrote:Dude, this is Xenonauts. You have to post pictures of the soldiers laconic, "we-are-all-going-to-die" facial expressions.
Ask and The Party shall give, comrade.

coming soon, Trail by Fire!

Zergra

Post by Zergra »

*ZergRa

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

I approve my slack-jawed visage. Now it's time to put these goo.... uh, looks, to use.

Wolfenschwan, Kefirz, Bones. I was unaware of your non-male gender identity. Where can an arse-ugly mongoloid like myself buy a lady/ladies like you some combat stimulants? Don't fight amongst yourselves, there's more than enough of my flabby physique to go around.

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

Monty Python Credit roll wrote:We apologize for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked.

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

Trail By Fire Part 1

September 01 1979

"Contact! one UFO entering orbit over the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar!" The radar technician blurted out as he nearly fell out of his chair. "Contact designated UFO-01. I repeat UFO Detected!"

In the Middle of the Command Centre stood four high ranking generals, adorn with medals with hard battles fought in the takistan desert.
"Launcher Condor 1 and 2 to intercept. Call us when their are in range."

The murmur of the roam rose as the four generals walked out of the room as the CC staff set about their taskings

It took Air squadron 1 (condor 1 and 2) the majority of their fuel close with UFO-01 and enter engagement range. shortly after the two birds were launched the alien craft started moving about erractically to several different locations.

"Command this is Condor 1, we are within visual range of the UFO, we are low on fuel, I recommend we engage now if we are going to at all."
"Copy that Condor 1, you are green to engage. Good hunting"

"2 this is 1, I'll bait you tag. copy"
"2 copies, reducing speed."

Condor 1 pulled ahead and veered left away from UFO-01 as Condor 2 reduced his speed to lined himself up with his target. UFO-01 for it's part. took the opportunity to turn about and give Condor 1 chase. closing the gap between them disconcertingly quickly.

"Shit, He's gaining fast 2, I'm hitting the burners. Hurry up and kill this guy!"
Condor 2 also ignited his afterburners attempting to close his own gap between his foe, Range ticking down slowly. He was already in missile range but he didn't want to chance it and closed more until he was just into range of his cannon.
"2 he's almost on me, Do it! do it now!"
Red fury erupted from Condor 2's cannon. tearing into the craft's right wing pod.
Condor 1 was dangerously close to not having enough fuel to make it back to base. Moments remained before he had to make the decision to either stay in the fight or break and run for base.
"fox 1 away!"
The first of Condor 2's Sidewinder Missiles punched forward towards the alien ship, and missed. The pilot of UFO-01 rolled hard timed perfectly to dodge the missile as it sailed past uselessly.

The second Sidewinder struck true. UFO-01 erupted into flames and lingered in the air confusingly for a brief moment before gravity finally took hold and sent the wreckage plummeting into the ocean below.

"Command this is Condor 2, Contact down, repeat scratch one for the good guys. We are coming home."

The Command Centre erupted in cheer. The first engagement with the enemy had landed in our favour. The first Trail by Fire was over, now the war begun.

A few hours later a a scientist walked up to the four generals, an overstuffed folder in his hands.

(what should we research first gentlemen?)

Dannysaysnoo

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

As Shotgun Manny, I vote Hunter-Scout car!

Satire

Post by Satire »

I'd say go for the Hunter, the early UFOs can be taken down reliably by the Condors for the first month or so. You also need to build a spare hangar for the interceptor to live in or get rid of a condor and it takes a while to build.

The only downside is that taking the Hunter means leaving some of us at base for the ground missions. And who'd want to do that?
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Gaia

Post by Gaia »

I say interceptors. As we all know, IFV's tend to end badly when battling superior foes...