FA people as XCOM characters

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

SuicideKing
Host

FA people as XCOM characters

Post by SuicideKing »

Cancelled! :commissar:
Last edited by SuicideKing on Fri May 13, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

AJAX
Host

Re: FA people as XCOM characters

Post by AJAX »

So, you have made me into an X-Com2 character? This it's fine and pretty cool. Just be sure I get the finest ride to Valhalla upon my glorious death involving history defining selfless heroic actions. "AJAX Cleaner" is the full name for my dossier. Enjoy utilizing My Avatar for all of your most intense engagements.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Not using my full name will be appreciated. Boberro is boberro, especially if you want to make any videos, and let's leave it at that.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

fer

Post by fer »

Please don't use my real name, SK. How about Kim 'Il' Fer instead (first 'nick' last)?

Something to consider: many corporate HR functions, head-hunters and employment agencies perform routine searches against candidates' names, and it's not as simple as just punching the name into Google. I'm pretty certain the clients I pitch to look me up online as well. It's not something to get paranoid about, but equally it's not something one should forget. It's much appreciated that you are getting permission before using real names, but perhaps it would be simpler to combine generated/made-up names and our forum nicks (to which I'm sure there'd be far less reason to object)?

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

AJAX wrote:"AJAX Cleaner" is the full name for my dossier
So Allen 'AJAX' Cleaner? Your fake first name is Allen. :P
boberro wrote:Not using my full name will be appreciated. Boberro is boberro, especially if you want to make any videos, and let's leave it at that.
Done!
fer wrote:Please don't use my real name, SK. How about Kim 'Il' Fer instead (first 'nick' last)?

Something to consider: many corporate HR functions, head-hunters and employment agencies perform routine searches against candidates' names, and it's not as simple as just punching the name into Google. I'm pretty certain the clients I pitch to look me up online as well. It's not something to get paranoid about, but equally it's not something one should forget. It's much appreciated that you are getting permission before using real names, but perhaps it would be simpler to combine generated/made-up names and our forum nicks (to which I'm sure there'd be far less reason to object)?
Hmmm you know this alone is making me reconsider (the HR angle). Never thought of that. I'll probably make the character file available on request only now - the video, if it gets made, will be unlisted so wouldn't turn up unless someone has access to the FA discord (which should rule out corporate Boba fetts).

Kim 'Il' Fer it shall be...and you're right about the made up name + forum nicknames, except I'll need people to suggest names, it's a ton of work finding appropriate region/culture specific names...again this was mainly for personal use so I didn't really think this far ahead (and the fun/effort ratio had to be >1 lol).
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

That's actually a good idea. As in, the nick is the nick, but I have exactly zero problem believing every single member of the Third International has a nom de guerre.

...Shit, now I have to think of a nom de guerre :(
[/allegedly]

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

SK stop overthinking this, just randomize their names and put forum nicks in ''brackets''. Randomize their faces and get us killed and then you can make it public for whoever.

The fine details that you might put in won't be noticed, they really won't, so it's just useless work.

TL;DR, Stop overthinking this, randomize names, faces and put only peoples forum nicks.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott