[Wargame: European Escalation] Play with the party

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

Black Mamba

Re: Play with the party: Wargame European Escalaton

Post by Black Mamba »

Yeah, but I have 63 stars in reserve. :coolbert:
I ought to manage a pretty crappy but functional deck with that.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I've watched the replay of theCrotou vs Soltekmatch today and made some fancy screenshots:
*Click*

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

Please do this more often? :)
I'd love to join but I'm occupied tomorrow with christmas-party stuff at work.
Also, a request to whoever will be playing Nato:
Please use Mortar-carriers. They're awesome.

wafflynumber

Post by wafflynumber »

I will be there, tanks and all.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Well, I got back from work early due to the boss being sick. Yup. By the way, I did not spill coffee all over the place and myself. That's just lies and pure slander. Anyway, it made me look a lot more serious.
Yet I just went and thought, hey, let's try outh that crappy Pact deck. Played against a level 100 and got my ass kicked in about 12 minutes. I'll never play pact again.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I'd say that was a very successful first run! Eager to do it again.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Yes it was. We got pretty wasted in the first match, but that second one was a beauty.
Maybe I'll have some neat screens coming up.

mike

Post by mike »

I had quite a few of drinks before the session started, but in both games I got most command points on my side :P (little victories count!)

On the other hand, I was rusty in combat, i need to brush up on that shit.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Alright, here comes the illustrated AAR from yesterday's session's second game. This one opposed Wolf, Waffly, Mike and Myself on the NATO side, to SuperU, Zitron, Jim and Ferrard on the Pact Side.

After a few minutes of deployment, and observation, Varsaw Pact troups decide to launch a large Mechanized Infantry Assault on our right flank to cut off our Main Supply Route.
Meanwhile, the other commies kill a lot of grass
After a few seconds of rough engagement involving western ammunition only, the enemy push turns into a NMA* Infantry Assault
In the most pure FolkARPS tradition, we witness the usual and still glorious Chaaaaarge... backwards. And death of all the charging force.
In the meantime, the commies get angrier and start killing trees. A lot of them.
Our intel service then realize they've secretely developped an individual flying system: The JetPact
Getting a bit lacking on the imagination side, we decide to retaliate and avenge our trees. With quite a lot of commies in them.
The situation gets tenser and tenser, and the whole tank platoon that happened to be having a poker contest in those trees moves up in some open fields. It doesn't go any better, really, but at least they have the peace to die watching a spendid case of aurora boralis. Unless it was just another frenzy of senseless tree-killing from their own comrades. They'll never know, the cobra was watching.
Nonetheless another assault coming from our front has pushed us out of a nice forest, so we take on coming back in there. Even though we soon are faced with superior flying technology, we manage to inflict quite a lot of damage in one of the most epic battles. Which involved treeline suppression. A lot of it.
At this point, even though each team has about the same amount of points, the pact gets bugged in those battles, allowing us to freely move a large heliborne force towards their flanks.
Using astute recon, the Apaches rain down fire on the enemy artillery and their defences, opening the way for a Delta Force air assault.

Was a really fun session, hope we can do that again. Apologies to those who came late and couldn't join due to the fact we played for about two hours.

*Not Motorized Anymore

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Can you dropbox the replay(s)? I forgot to save them.

Is everyone happy with this being on a Saturday or should we look for a different day? Or we can designate two "loose" dates.