[EU3/Vic2/HoI3] Folksome histories

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

Dan

Re: Folksome histories

Post by Dan »

Alright, the polls are in! We shall be doing a test run this Wednesday at 7pm GMT of EU3 to determine a set of Gentleman's rules regarding speed, make sure everyone is running a compatible version and all the other bollocks to make the actual sessions as painless as possible.

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

First session was a success! Heres a quick overview what happened (and where we will continue from):
1) Played countries are Austria (SuperÜ), Russia (Halop), England (Dan), Netherlands (Kale, who joined a bit later) and finally, FRENCH! (Me)
2) Start date is 1600. Finished off at 1610 I believe.
So, what happened between these 10 years? Well:
1) England: Warring with Portugal and Spain, as usual. Ireland is annexed and Scotland is next I believe. Also, a bit colonization at Africa.
2) Austria: Going against the blob known as Ottomans. Russia joined in a bit later as well. Is the HRE emperor.
3) Russia: A bit warring here and there, taking up neighbors and colonizing Lappland
4) Netherlands: Colonizing Africa and America, staying in the way of France! Dam you Netherlands!
5) France: Sicily broke off from Spain, got vassalised by Me. Canada colonization is on the way as well as Africa.
6) Poland and Sweden went to war. Sweden lost. Poland is defender of faith. No sign of weakness shown.
7) Spain, due to its historical colonization advantages is the powerhouse at the moment.
Last edited by Draakon on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

This was a really fun session, I can't wait to continue on from here!

#Austria 16k#HRE4Life #Popealldayeveryday

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

Still don't have a copy of EU3 :(

Gimme a shout when it becomes HOI3!

EDIT: Scrap that, I'll be along next week.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

I might join once I get my rig sorted out (~2 weeks max). I might take one of the asian empires just for the laughs but if we all have to be western I'd go for a scandinavian or eastern european country.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Last night was really good fun, I'm surprised at how smoothly the game ran!

Halop

Post by Halop »

Russia AAR as of 1610:

Started as a formed Russia thankfully, but still the country is small compared to modern day Russia - lot's of expansion is needed towards the East. My idea is to stay as far away from European politics as possible and focus on meeting the Pacific Ocean. The mongol barbarians have proven to be an issue and colonization is slow, but I am slowly getting there.

I saw an option to take some lands belonging to the Ottomans as they were distracted by Austria, so I joined Austria's war against the Ottomans. The war was a disaster for me, I am still too weak to take them on, so I sued for white peace.

Colonization and exploration of the New World is not an option, as I need all the colonists I have for my inland, also I will not be spending any funds on ships, my focus will be on the land army.
Russia: A bit warring here and there, taking up neighbors and colonizing Lappland
Russia is always at war, I hate that Indian superstate that is beyond my explored teritory that keeps sending doomstacks of warriors at my Caucausus, I will need to take care of them.
but if we all have to be western I'd go for a scandinavian or eastern european country.
Poland is quite strong in our game, Sweden a little weaker as it lost quite terribly to Poland.

Anyways, very good first session, looking forward for more EU :D

Dan

Re: [EU3/Vic2/HoI3] Folksome histories

Post by Dan »

England AAR 1600-1614 or whenever we got to tonight.

The start of the game saw England at war with the Spanish superpower, a fairly scary prospect considering they own a good half of the New World currently and have the fleets to match. After a bit of rampaging across Venezuela and Colombia and a failed Spanish landing in Kent, I managed to secure a white peace, but not before loosing my alliance with Portugal which has now found itself under a Personal Union with the Spanish Hapsburgs.

Following the peace I began to secure my local borders, with a quick conquest of the Irish states (Poland ended up involved as defender of the Catholic faith but was made pretty impotent by the Royal Navy) and a war to vassalize Scotland. With the British Isles secure I can now turn my eyes elsewhere, I want to stay out of Europe as much as possible, the war with Poland showed pretty clearly that provided I can sink their fleets, no one can really do much about hurting the homeland.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

This is still EU3? and can a player join in late?
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Halop

Post by Halop »

Kefirz wrote:This is still EU3? and can a player join in late?
Yes and yes.

If I had to sum up my Russia experience as of this moment, it's one word: rebels
http://i.imgur.com/OFaJkO0.jpg

Also, I think Poland is about to get cut up a bit as it were.
http://i.imgur.com/FEYfeV0.jpg