[HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

Kefirz

[HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Post by Kefirz »

Some folks played Paradox games online a while back, but they never got trough them all and to WW2.
Well I want to travel a bit in time and start off in 1936 (Travel just a tiny bit :laugh: )

Interested? All you need is:
-TS3
-Patched up Hearts of Iron 3 + all it's addons (Semper Fi, For the Motherland, Their finest Hour)
-Plans for world domination
-Make sure you have Their Finest Hour with version 4.02 (GSKH), the letters are very, very important. You can check your version in the main menu in upper right corner.

So looks simple enough...

When?

In every Wednesday starting from 27.03.2013 at 18.30 GMT
Last edited by Kefirz on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Doofling

Re: [HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Post by Doofling »

This will be great fun!
I wish to control one country with many players (at least 2 including me), preferably a nation that's large enough to still give everyone stuff to do.
Any takers?

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Well to be able to control 1 country with many players we'd need something big like Russia, where it'd be pretty cool. But a small country would be pretty boring, and some players might even want to take their own country. I'd be up for both tho.

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

There have been a few technical difficulties, so we will try again tommorow.
If you want to join, please make sure that you have all addons and the 4.02 patch installed and that the checksum (upper right corner in the main menu just behind the version number) reads GSKH.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

The first inaugural session is under our belt now, we played from 1936 to 1937.
As Soviet Union, I had a horrible, horrible organization for my army, it just wasn't going to cut it for me so basically I reorganized the whole army, and it took me a year to do it, but now it is alright.

Things to look forward to:
-Strengthening my presence around the border of Finland, I want to take them on before any major conflict arises.
-Looking for new directions to expand, maybe send an expeditionary force somewhere.
-I'm not anticipating any war in Europe for me yet, because I have a buffer zone of Poland and the Baltic States between me and possible aggressors.
-Trying to get my technologies up to date, because I suspect I have lower leadership than other countries.

Here are some pics of the reorganizations. At first I had 9 operational theaters, now I have 5.

Before:

After:

I want to urge people to join us, there are still plenty of countries available and engaging players in diplomacy is awesome :D

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Kefirz wrote:As Soviet Union, I had a horrible, horrible organization for my army, it just wasn't going to cut it for me so basically I reorganized the whole army, and it took me a year to do it, but now it is alright.
God yes, the Soviet OrBat is terribad. Not as bad as Nationalist China, but still... yeah. There's a reason my first play of any HOI session is always two hours of paused orbat fiddling.
Kefirz wrote:I want to urge people to join us, there are still plenty of countries available and engaging players in diplomacy is awesome :D
I would so totally go Chiang Kai-Shek for y'all... except you're playing when I'm earning my keep. Stomp Japan's face in for me!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Ferrard Carson wrote: I would so totally go Chiang Kai-Shek for y'all... except you're playing when I'm earning my keep. Stomp Japan's face in for me!

~ Ferrard
Haha, Tryteyker is playing as Japan right now and he is preparing to invade the lesser Nationalist China. If you went as Nat. China and kicked his ass, it would be priceless :D

Although I would like to see Communist China gain influence with a little help of their communist pals in the north. :laugh:

Also, I am influencing USA to drift towards communism, and it is working :D Fingers crossed.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Nobody's gonna kick my ass when I drift towards Allies and invade Nationalist China! :D
Or maybe I should ally with Canada when they drift towards Axis, who knows.

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

As President of the United States (Or actually head of the leading conspiracy of the United States, the President is just my puppet), the first thing I did was notice how many ressources I have. :)
Then, I noticed how many Leadership points I have. :)
Then, I noticed how much IC I have. :)
And then, I noticed how high my neutrality is. :(
After I had taken care of my horrible Command structure (I guess I'll never know why my division on the Philipines was directly under the command of EAST HQ), I tried to convince Japan (Tryteyker) that he should attack me asap, as that is what the guys IRL did and they must've been smart if they were trusted with the responsibility of commanding.
Failing that (and Japan actually trying to allign to the Allies), I pondered what my overall strategy would be without actually coming to a good conclusion. In the meantime, I tried to improve my economy/production and my standing with several nations further by trading with them which had the positive side effect of making me filthy rich.
I also invested some points in espionage to be able to make good decisions and raise the threat levels of key countries.
It was only when Rawrnix took control of Canada and started alligning to the Axis, that I knew what had to be done:
I started to convince my populace that communism and the teachings of Marx were the way to go, which would not only enable me to take Canada (which is rightfully mine anyway) but also allow me to decide if I wanted to expand west, to attack the democracy friendly (snort) Japan or east, to help out Mother Russia and attack either Germany or get revenge for the late 18th century.
*cue evil laughter*

(I will try to remember taking screenshots next time)

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Oh geez Try... I so want to join you guys, 'cuz Japan going Allies is going to do some weird things to the political landscape.

And oh dear god, you actually let a player control the U.S. - Doofling, while I understand the agonizing about strategy (sooooo many choices!), there's really no need to be concerned about your faction alignment. You're the U.S. You are a faction in-and-of yourself. All you need allies for are naval bases elsewhere, and if you play your cards right (e.g., the "judicious invasion of countries who can't possibly defend themselves) then you don't even need that.

Something to consider: With Japan going Allies, and the Soviets being player controlled, it really sounds like Axis is doomed. There really were enough Axis sympathizers in the US during the early years that it is remotely plausible for the U.S. to have gone axis. Communism is really the least plausible of all three options.

Wait, why am I helping the one nation who can roflstomp everyone else in the world combined? I should really just join as Nat China to give Tryteyker a good whuppin' :hist101: No chance of this occurring during a time that I'm free, is there?

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."