[HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

Kefirz

Re: [HoI3] Some say, we like fighting eachother.

Post by Kefirz »

Ferrard Carson wrote: Something to consider: With Japan going Allies, and the Soviets being player controlled, it really sounds like Axis is doomed. There really were enough Axis sympathizers in the US during the early years that it is remotely plausible for the U.S. to have gone axis. Communism is really the least plausible of all three options.
The Axis had Draakon as their Great leader and from what I hear he is quite experienced in HoI, so you never know... and he might want to be friends Kefstalin.

If the Axis can wipe out UK and France from Europe and Japan can help with India, and Indochina (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia). Then UK/FR are pretty useless with their African colonies.

But they are all just theories of what might happen :D as I said, player diplomacy is fun and the best thing is, that you can alter history and make some radical decisions that maybe wouldn't be possible in history.
Ferrard Carson wrote: Wait, why am I helping the one nation who can roflstomp everyone else in the world combined? I should really just join as Nat China to give Tryteyker a good whuppin' :hist101: No chance of this occurring during a time that I'm free, is there?

~ Ferrard
Well can you make it on Wednesdays? The time is an hour before the official time for sessions like Folk and TT. So basically it starts at a time when Workshop before Sunday starts. Dunno when it is for you though :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

I have to wait for July 1937 for the key event anyway as my neutrality is still at 58 % or so, way too high to attack Nat China. Aren't they allies anyway? Good start for me as future Ally I suppose :D

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

tryteyker wrote:I have to wait for July 1937 for the key event anyway as my neutrality is still at 58 % or so, way too high to attack Nat China. Aren't they allies anyway? Good start for me as future Ally I suppose :D
Nationalist China was actually leaning very hard Axis. If you ever play as Nat China, you'll notice that you have the senior German military advisor, Alexander von Falkenhausen, available as a skill-3 leader with some pretty bitchin' leadership bonuses. Stick him in command of a maneuver army, and you end up with one hell of a potent operational reserve (for extra fun, keep the rest of the Nat China army as binary divisions under Chiang Kai-Shek, and then have von Falkenhausen's command organized as a full 3 corps of triangular divisions, plus another corps of triangular cavalry / armor divisions).

Put plain, Nationalist China was very, well... Nationalist, until it became evident that the Germans preferred the Japanese as an ally against the Soviets.

After that, China sweet-talked Great Britain and the US into helping it against Japan, and the rest is history.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

Yeah, I was gonna be Germany, but my PC decided to break down on the last minute. Oh well, I hope I really can get new parts before Wednesday, I will be coming back, but if not, someone has to jump to Germany.

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

I may well get in on this, although I'm not sure who I'd take.

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

Rawrnix wanted to play as Germany before he learned that you already reserved that so you may want to talk to him, Draakon.

FA-wise, is there a free spot on the weekend for us? I think Ferrard can't join because of his alternative timezone, which is having him work during european evenings on weekdays.
There might be more people joining if we switch it to the weekend anyway so it's worth considering.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Well we could switch to Saturday 19:30 GMT or 20:00 GMT, but that'd kinda conflict with our A3 session. Not that these 2 games have anything in common.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

tryteyker wrote:Well we could switch to Saturday 19:30 GMT or 20:00 GMT, but that'd kinda conflict with our A3 session. Not that these 2 games have anything in common.
Don't change anything on my account just yet - I'm not even available at that time on Saturdays until after tax season ends in the US (two more weeks). By that time, if tryteyker knows how to tie his shoelaces against an AI, then nat china should already have folded.

And even if they haven't, he'll have one hell of an advantage in set-up time over me - I'd have to work with whatever fresh hell the AI has concocted for its industry, tech, and orbat.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Well Ferrard, there is nothing much we can do time wise, if we move it to some other day it could collide with already planned sessions that are happening here, or somebody else can't make it then.
Maybe after the tax session your schedule will be free-er :D

I think we can't physically do more than one year in game in one session, because Draakon said that making it run too fast would result in desync and other nasty things.

Also, Nat. China is not the only option you can have :D there countries like France or Italy still available, heck you could even take Mexico and divide up US with the help of mighty Canada. :D

The world is your oyster.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Doofling

Post by Doofling »

(splitting up the USA wouldn't actually work, we are way too powerful)