Saturday Crusader Kings 2 Sessions

Games that are not ArmA2 or Flight Sims

Moderator: oldhosts

Black Mamba

Re: Saturday Crusader Kings 2 Sessions

Post by Black Mamba »

Haven't played any paradox game in ages, but if you keep going through them this fast, I might get my hands on some at some point.

Anyway, Paradox easily wins the contest for the best game trailer. Ever.

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

The first session occurred this Saturday past, featuring Draakon, Kefirz and myself.

Overall I feel it went well, and I encourage more players to join next week.

We covered the 20 years from 1081 to 1101. I was King of Sweden, Draakon was the Patriarch of Gotland, one of my vassals, and Kefirz was at first the King of Castille and later switched to being the Duke of Kuyavia inside Poland.

During my first King's reign I consolidated my power and increased the relationship with my vassals through bribes and appointments.
Short wars with independent counts on my fringes but within the de jure territory of Sweden gained me the provinces of Aland, Dal, Angermanland, Vasterbotten and Lappland, but with the exception of Dal these were all of little current economic value and populated by heathen populations which would need converting.
Meanwhile, an opportunistic war with Norway while they were consumed by a civil war allowed me to incorporate their province of Viken into my Kingdom, improving my access to the North Sea.

Despite my territorial successes my elective succession law and early death of my first ruler meant I was often at risk of losing my Kingdom title, but by maintaining favour with my Dukes I kept my family heir as my Kingdom heir with it being inherited by my second ruler's young sister when he similarly died early.
During my second ruler's reign I increased my Crown Authority from Minimum to Low and Feudal Taxation from None to Small but power in my lands remained relatively decentralised overall, a problem future rulers will need to face.

My attempts at conversion have been not fully successful and rather embarrassingly my capital retains a heathen majority.
My new northern territories have rebelled a couple of times but they were quickly put down through force of arms and their leaders placed in the dungeons (although I did once have to ransom one off to pay the upkeep of some mercenaries).

Near the end of the session I aided my vassal Gotland (played by Draakon) with his territorial ambitions in Estonia, granting him the province of Narva once it was won.

Allies:
Despite having most of their lands occupied in a long-running Civil War, my allies the English have been happy to hire mercenary armies to help me in my endeavours after marrying my Queen matrilineally to an English Prince.

Potential Threats:
Norway who have recovered from their period of civil war and expanded significantly into northern Finland and Kola. A shared desire for territorial expansion in and around Scandinavia could lead to tension, or if they try to take back Viken. The could be particularly dangerous if they ally with Denmark or Poland.

Kiev is the big power to the east in Russia at the moment, and it bordering the newly won Swedish province of Narva. The have already begun to expand in the Baltic as well, a likely future source of tension between our nations. Luckily the area is prone to civil wars and the rapid fall and emergence of large nations.

Screenshot at the end of the session:

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

Remember, session on today. Anyone with a patched CK2 (no matter which DLC you have) is welcome. I may be 10-15 minutes late.

wafflynumber

Post by wafflynumber »

I will be there this saturday!

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

Session on today. Anyone with a patched CK2 (no matter which DLC you have) is welcome.

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

Session on today at 20:00 GMT/21:00 CET. We had a good turnout last week, hopefully that will be repeated.

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

I probably won't be able to attend today's session (and neither can Draakon). Feel free to go on without me for this week, Sweden was falling apart anyway.
I should be back next week.

Here is a link to the latest savegame if it is needed:

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cjgwjsqeri8br0/mp_Egypt1135_02_21.ck2.txt

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

For the past few days me (Byzantine Empire) and Kale (Sweden) have been running impromptu CK2 sessions and things have been going well for me as the Byzantine Emperor.

What happened in BE:
-Fought over some duchies and counties.
-Arranged a marriage with Swedish princess for my prince who's not an heir.
-My ruler died unexpectedly at the age of 40-ish, I say unexpectedly because some of my rivals live up to 75 and still refuse to kick the bucket.
-The heir to BE, Kefirz I gained power at age 14 with many people contesting his authority.
-His brother, the one that was married to the Swedish princess was killed.
-His aunt was killed
-His 2nd aunt was killed
-I still can't do much about some of the factions, but the most dangerous one has a claimant who's age is 75, but I can't kill him, although I managed to kill his entire family, so I'm just waiting when he realizes that this planet is too cruel for him and dies.
-Fighting some holy wars and such to increase my prestige and piety, so I can excommunicate and kill every rival that might stand in the way.
-Oh and also the Byzantine Emperor was married to one of the Swedish princesses, so the whole empire is putting pressure on her to start pumping out rivers of children, to similar amounts of Willy Wonka's chocolate rivers.

In other news:
-Crusade for Jerusalem failed.

I really didn't follow anything that happened outside of BE.

These sessions that we played now was only because there is Bodge's collab on Saturday, and we still wanted to play this week.

Also the standing invite to all players remains as usual, please join us, more people equal more fun.

Also here is the latest map of our game:

''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Since the new DLC, ''The Old Gods'' was released, and suspecting that quite a lot of people would want to play it, from now on we will be running sessions with it installed and with the start date of 876 AD.
For those that don't know what this DLC includes here is a quick recap of what it is:
''In The Old Gods, the medieval soap opera now extends the timeline by 200 years, all the way back to 867 AD, allowing bearded heathens to storm the fine cities of Europe. Gamers will soon have most of Europe out for their blood after they have stormed ashore with gigantic axes in their hands.'' - Taken from Paradox website

So basically it allows you to play as one of the many Pagan factions.

The sessions take place in Saturdays at 19.30 BST (British Summer Time) or 20.30 CEST (Central European Summer Time) or just the usual time when we start Folk or Tactical Tuesday sessions :D

And of course, everybody is welcome to join us.
If you have any questions or if you need help post in this thread or contact me.

P.S AAR's from people are always a nice read, so don't be shy :laugh:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Draakon

Post by Draakon »

Note: You will only need the base game patched to 1.10 version. Since I am hosting with all the DLC's, you won't need them for Multiplayer since with CK2, if the host has the DLC, everyone else have the DLC content activated for them.