Campaign editing woes

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
EsotericReverie

Campaign editing woes

Post by EsotericReverie »

I have some trouble with overviewPictures in the campaign description.ext for the campaign we are working on. It keeps saying that the file "overview_ca.paa" file was not found, although it is clearly sitting right beside the description.ext, and has the recommended dimensions of 1024x512.

Is anyone here an experienced campaign maker, who could help me figure out what's wrong?

EsotericReverie

Re: Campaign editing woes

And another thing, if anyone knows:
Is it possible to have the campaign structure in place and have the missions be editable somehow?

I can make the campaign visible under Play > Campaigns, but I cannot for the life of me figure out if I can make it so that the campaign code can be intact (with CfgIdentities and scripts loaded etc) while retaining the ability to run the editor on the missions. How the hell do people make campaigns if they can't edit missions with access to the shared campaign resources?!

EsotericReverie

Shall I take it that none of you fine gents have tried making campaigns?

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

EsotericReverie wrote:Shall I take it that none of you fine gents have tried making campaigns?
Most of us editors 'round here primarily concern ourselves with multiplayer missions, given our focus on our Sunday / Tuesday sessions. My missions generally feature a story-arc of some sort, but it's not structured by any means (e.g., in A2, most of my missions centered around "The Morning War," a conflict between Russia and Takistan / UNFORT, and in A3 most of my missions so far follow a platoon in one NATO company during the NATO invasion of CSAT-occupied Stratis / Altis).

There's no scripting to match one mission to another, though. Everything's completely self-contained, and I have no experience trying to create co-op missions accessible through the campaign menu.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

EsotericReverie

Ok, thanks for the reply anyway!