Group Teleport System: How to?

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
Satire

Group Teleport System: How to?

Post by Satire »

Hi guys,

I noticed in some of our A2 missions and at least on of our A3 missions group leaders have the option to map click teleport for the first few minutes of the mission. How can I activate this in one of my own missions? Also, is it possible to exclude teleportation into a set area defined by a marker, or should I just rely on our honest players?
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Ferrard Carson

Re: Group Teleport System: How to?

Post by Ferrard Carson »

AFAIK, nothing has changed with the teleport system, so you can simply go to your recent MP missions folder, depbo "Highway" or "Bend" or anything else with a group teleport system, and just copy over the teleport file and the init coding.

As for indicating where to teleport, simply indicate via text in the briefing and a corresponding map-marker where and when people should or should not teleport. We're all good comrades here, we all follow directions. :coolbert:

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

harakka

Post by harakka »

When using the group teleport, mention in the briefing that element leads need to ensure all element members are properly loaded in before using the teleport, otherwise the non-loaded people will be left behind.

The teleport script is a bit ancient and could probably do with being some modernization...
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Satire

Post by Satire »

Thanks for the help, I've got it working for the most part. The part of the script that locks it down to a specific faction doesn't want to work, but that might just be due to classnames being messed around by BI in the last patch or something silly on my. I took the script out of Elsafi Defence for reference.

But it should be fine I can always trust our honest comrades not to (ab)use this after all!
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.