Mission Making Workshop?

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
wolfenswan

Mission Making Workshop?

Post by wolfenswan »

:science101:

Who'd be interested in a set day where they'd work on a mission (or several) and the more experienced mission makers would hang around in TS3 to answers questions ranging from "how to place men" to SQF stuff, possibly supplying basic scripts as well?

Best day is probably a saturday (during noon hours), so finished missions could be tested before V+/during sunday and possibly played in the sunday session.

Alex

Re: Mission Making Workshop?

Post by Alex »

I think that sunday would be nice. Maybe this could be a regular thing for the first sundays of the month?
(fake)

Pr3sario

Post by Pr3sario »

I think this is a great idea, provided TS is managed to make it easy to work while chatter happens in the background.
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

head

Post by head »

im up for helping

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

So, this sunday saturday?
Last edited by Aqarius on Fri May 09, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/allegedly]

fer

Post by fer »

I think this is a super idea. I'd be very happy to do a session in which I walk people through my tutorial for making an F3 coop mission. If you have interest in this, post here. The pre-session requirements would be:
Timings-wise, I can do Saturday or Sunday. I think wolfenswan was suggesting Saturday, so people had time to polish their missions and test them on our second server instance before Sunday's session.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

I'm confident with the fundamentals of making a mission using F3, but would be up for joining in whatever the focus. My main interests are locality, SQF scripting, or even just learning a few shortcuts and editing tips that have passed me by, but organising something straightforward would be the best place to start.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Now that 3-1-0 is out, it's an ideal time to get this going. I'd suggest either a saturday or around sunday before Ferrard's workshop.

Who's interested and when would be able to attend?

Lynche

Post by Lynche »

I may be interested. I work until 1pm on Saturdays, but I imagine I wouldn't need to be in right from the start?