Distributing addon based on a F3 script

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
blen2r

Distributing addon based on a F3 script

Post by blen2r »

Hello,

I often play coop missions with a friend and we sometimes get frustrated because one of us ends up being the squad leader, which includes a lot of AI management when our squad consists of ~12 units. While googling, I found your "Join Group Action" component. I never made any mods before so I duplicated and modified 2 files (f_groupJoinAddOption.sqf and f_groupJoinAction.sqf). I then made new features based on this and packaged it as an addon so it can be used in any mission I make or download. Now, I wasn't planning on distributing this when I first started, I just made it for fun and to learn but now that it's done, I think that some people may find it useful. If it's alright with you, I would post it on reddit with credits to you or we could add it as an extension of F3 or something.

What do you guys think about this and what would you like me to do?
Thank you.

fer

Re: Distributing addon based on a F3 script

Post by fer »

Hi comrade blen2r, apologies for the delayed response. This sounds great, and I'm sure there will be some mod-using communities that would find this useful. If you're going to distribute this to the wider community, I'd ask that you do two things: a) credit F3 and the original component authors, head and harakka (see this page), and b) make it possible for others to see your source code, since you've built on top of something public. The F3 team would certainly like to see what you've done! Hope that helps.

:v: