[REQUEST] Help test a new web-based tool?

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
fer

[REQUEST] Help test a new web-based tool?

Post by fer »

Comrades,

You might think that with the Dacha permanently surrounded by a cordon of Bodgist faction troops, I can't do anything except make out death warrants (which never make it past the sentries) and watch episodes of Bojack Horseman on Netflix. Well, I do all of that, but I also create things that could make your lives easier. So, actual and aspiring mission makers, please have a look at this:

F3 Web Tools - F3 Briefing Generator
http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f3/f3webtools/index.php

I'd be super grateful for people to help me test this on two levels:

1. Expand all the 'toggle help' options, read the text and check for obvious typos etc.

2. Use the tool to generate a briefing and test it out in Arma 3. For all fields, please try and include the following:
  • Marker links (generated using the tool).
  • Rogue doublequotes (the tool should convert these to single quotes when it generates the SQF code).
  • Rogue single quotes (the tool will leave these alone, but they shouldn't break anything).
  • Other shit that you might reasonably put in a briefing.
This won't be released to the wider community until a few comrades here have given it the thumbs up. There will, of course, be prizes for those comrades that find and report bugs. Reporting bugs is an act of loyalty to the Party, as is reporting your friends and even your family. Don't look so glum, comrade, they're all traitors. And no, the web form is not radioactive.

:science101:

pvtbones

Re: [REQUEST] Help test a new web-based tool?

Post by pvtbones »

I gave it a quick spin, only part I didn't use was the markers as I haven't actually made the mission yet. happy to report no issues though!

Fluffeh

Post by Fluffeh »

Well, I did notice that when linking a marker, the "Cancel" button does not actually cancel the process, instead it creates a marker with null values.
It's not gay if you have combat boots on.

fer

Post by fer »

Thanks for looking at this pvtbones and Fluffeh. Don't worry about the people in gas masks wrapping your houses in plastic, it's just a precaution. Also, you can't see your friends for a while. Or anybody. Now shut up and let me pin these medals to your chests. By which I mean: let me direct that man in a gas mask to pin those medals to your chests. Direct, from far, far away. Yes, yes, you're all heroes now! Goodbye - I need to post something to Reddit and bribe some games journalists.

:v:

PS Heh heh heh, I was joking about bribing games journalists. They're just bloggers. No, you're not going to die. At least, maybe not for a day or so.