Need a hand with some triggers

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
Lynche

Need a hand with some triggers

Post by Lynche »

I'm trying to make a rescue mission right now and I'm having a bit of trouble with some triggers.

I want a loss trigger if the survivors die and a win trigger if they successfully extract from the area.
Am I right in saying the game treats dying the same as leaving an area? How do I differentiate between these when placing the triggers?

Aqarius
Host

Re: Need a hand with some triggers

Post by Aqarius »

Make the "die" trigger cover the entire map?
[/allegedly]

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Use the F3 cas-cap and E&E check components. You can use them with specific groups. Check the F3 wiki for details.

Lynche

Post by Lynche »

Aqarius wrote:Make the "die" trigger cover the entire map?
Thanks Aqarius, that simplified a fair bit of what I was trying to do. I've just got to test a few possible outcomes now, but it's looking close to finished!
wolfenswan wrote:Use the F3 cas-cap and E&E check components. You can use them with specific groups. Check the F3 wiki for details.
I'm having an issue with the cas-cap right now. At the start of the mission I'm getting a debug message and it's not triggering. I'll go through the F3 wiki again and see what I did wrong; but knowing I can set it for specific groups will definitely be helpful in future

Edit: One of my triggers is still a bit off, cas-caps look like the best way to go

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Word of caution: giant triggers can be harmful for performance, depending on their check.

Lynche

Post by Lynche »

I still am not 100% sure of what I'm doing with triggers so I'm trying to keep them simple, mission ending things.

End 1 is a cas-cap
End 2 triggers if all of 4 specific people die
End 3 triggers if all surviving members of the above group make it to an extract point

I seem to have 2 and 3 working now and have tested them for different configurations of people dying/extracting. Once I get 1 working I think I'll have finished the bulk of the mission

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

What's the issue/error message with cascap?

Lynche

Post by Lynche »

I worked it out, I forgot to delete some of the //, so the group being counted wasn't defined. I think that's all the triggers fixed now.

One problem I did notice, is that the squad ATs didn't have any ammo for their PCMLs. Is that something I need to fix or is that something the Host would do during the slotting process?

Otherwise, I think I just need to write the briefing and success/fail messages. Once I've done that, would it be possible to get test server permissions to make sure it all works?

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

One problem I did notice, is that the squad ATs didn't have any ammo for their PCMLs. Is that something I need to fix or is that something the Host would do during the slotting process?
That is odd, NATO should have 1 per RAT (already loaded into the tube). Which F3 version are you using?

Lynche

Post by Lynche »

v3-1-2. I double checked, there are none in the tubes and nobody spawns with backpacks