Using the framework for other maps?

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
danjoo

Using the framework for other maps?

Post by danjoo »

Hi there.
I would first like to say thank you to the creators of the F3 framework, im brand new to the mission editing side of Arma and this framework was really helpful for me.

I have managed to successfully make a mission using the framework. My question is: Is the framework compatible with other maps?
The reason I ask this is me and my community run a modded server, which includes the All in Arma terrain pack. I tried changing my mission from .altis to .takistan
Everything works as it should when I use it in the editor, and even when I host a LAN session to test my work. But when I put it onto our dedicated server it will not load.
I've also tried using the base framework (F3.Altis) and tried changing it to F3.Takistan, then exporting it to a PBO and that doesnt work either.

Any help would be appreciated.
I can upload my takistan pbo if anyone wants to test it, I do however have the infantry using RHS entities, so for those who don't have it, you will not be able to load it.

Boarnoah

Re: Using the framework for other maps?

Post by Boarnoah »

I had exactly this question going through my head today! Anyway I'm fairly sure it should work on other maps since theres more than a couple of groups who use a variation of F3 with non vanilla maps.

danjoo

Post by danjoo »

Thats good news that it can :) Now i just need to know how! :D

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

You might want to make a new Takistan map then scoop out all the F3 components and put them into there (everything except the mission.sqm). Other than that it's really hard to say without looking at the server log.

danjoo

Post by danjoo »

Yea I'd done that to no avail. Even tried creating a brand new mission from the framework. Used the base F3.Altis, changed to F3.Takistan but didn't work :( I also have the .rpt file if anyone wants to look. I don't understand the .rpt so I wouldn't know haha

Rpt File Dropbox

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

Wow, I have no idea what you did, but that server is not happy.

1. Check the description.ext for problems, there are a lot of line like:
14:14:58 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext, line 22: '.wreckRemovalMaxTime': Missing ';' at the end of line
14:15:00 Mission =mccv165.Altis: Number of roles (33) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (149)

2. Disable all the mods, some of those problems are definitely not F3, so we need to isolate what is going wrong if we're going to try to fix it.