Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
willem

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by willem »

Just discovered this thread, let's call this a delayed introduction.

I'm Willem I've been playing with FA since february 2013 and friendly fired someone in my first mission (Clergyman).

I've been playing ARMA 2 since 2011 and really enjoyed messing around in the editor and making shitty singleplayer missions. I read about FA on Rock Paper Shotgun and decided to join in on the fun. Stuck around ever since.

Apart from ARMA I really enjoy playing Wargame: Red Dragon and boardgames.

In real life I'm Willem, a 22 year old guy from the Netherlands. I work at a small webdesign company and like Rotterdam far more than Amsterdam.

konfus

Post by konfus »

Speaking of delayed introductions...

Hi, i am Konfus. I did play OFP quite a bit back in the day. Loved its promise but never really got into multiplayer and therefor didnt play it for too long.
A short intermezzo with DayZ kind of brought me into the Arma3 Beta which i've been playing regularly since.

Saw a comment over at RockPaperShotgun about folkarps and promptly signed up with the intention of joining for some sessions... That was 9 Months ago

Finally got around to join last sunday and damn it was a blast. With all the squad structuring and suddenly have to join TS ChannelCommander stuff i got confused/overwhelmed a bit. But rest assured this Comrad will learn from his mistakes and will prepare for the next onslaughts =)

In the real world i am Dani, from Switzerland, 31 years old, small IT business owner, ultimate frisbee player, wintersport enthusiast, and polite

Jiminyjetson

Post by Jiminyjetson »

HALLO

I am JiminyJetson - been playing A2/A3 with a smaller group for a while, but dwindling numbers have meant we haven't played for 6 months.
Managed to play a few games with you guys last night and t'was grand. My FTL-ing left a lot to be desired, but we'll get over that if it kills me (and you).

In the real world, I am Chris. I am a software developer and avid airsofter. I am Welsh but have turned traitor against the motherland and upped sticks to Oxfordshire.

Davanseth

Post by Davanseth »

Hi, my is Mike, Im french, living in Paris.

I just started to edit my own missions (adversarials) for my community.
Love the framework so far, was impossible for me to make missions before. Thanks for this great tool.

Cheers

fer

Post by fer »

Davanseth wrote:I just started to edit my own missions (adversarials) for my community.
Love the framework so far, was impossible for me to make missions before. Thanks for this great tool.
Hi Davanseth, thanks for creating an account here. Great to see another mission maker. What's your community called?

:v:

heffron

Post by heffron »

Howdy,

Just found out about FA a week ago and attended the last two FA sessions as Heffron. Really loved it and you'll find me more often in the future i guess.

I live in the Netherlands (but have never smoked weed, in case you wonder) and I am about to graduate as an Aviation Operations Officer.

That's all folks!

lietuvis10

Post by lietuvis10 »

Hello.

I am from Lithuania, as implied by my nickname (lietuvis in lithuanian(language) - lithuanian(person))

I am a mere school student and I enjoy ArmA and FPS games.

I stared playing ArmA at ArmA 2 Free couple months before the DayZ boom.

Davanseth

Post by Davanseth »

fer wrote:
Davanseth wrote:I just started to edit my own missions (adversarials) for my community.
Hi Davanseth, thanks for creating an account here. Great to see another mission maker. What's your community called?

:v:
my community is OFCRA from France. It means French Organisation of Realist Combat in Arma.
http://www.ofcrav2.org/

If you know about the arma 3 maps Imrali and Wake Island their creator is from this community.

Thraxar

Post by Thraxar »

Evening all,

Name's Ben. Apparently that's my ingame name as well as I don't know how to change it. When I do I'll be Thraxar.

Picked up Arma 3 after drooling over it since release but only just having got a decent enough PC to play. I was in the games last weekend and it was great fun and made the game so much more enjoyable. See you all soon!

Amiideus

Post by Amiideus »

Hello dear comrades,

My name is Paul and my in game name should be Amiideus or Amadeus. A french person of 23, I discovered FA quite some time ago actually but only decided I wanted more out of Arma recently. To be honest, mainly because of Dota and other pick-up experiences, I have come to hate playing with strangers, focusing on irl friends.

However after watching some AFRPS videos, reading the rules & all, I wanted to give it a try, and Arma 3 is just a game you've got to experience in large co-ordinated numbers. I have been playing Bohemian Games since OFP (I was 12 :S) and I never stopped since. Mostly a lot of Benni CTI on Arma 2.

I also hope that joining the community will push me back towards editing missions as this is why I started OFP in the first place.

Anyhow, I might not be too present at first since I am leaving on holiday monday. [- Yeah, congrats on the timing, comrade.] I know. However I just joined the Skype conversation, thanks Markus for that, so I will be on the look-out for ad-hoc sessions.

I hope to see you soon in the game !
Have a good one !
-Paul, Amiideus