Horrible horrible texture popping

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
thekev506

Horrible horrible texture popping

Post by thekev506 »

I'm late to the A3 party and am only having a chance to really play around with the game these last few days. Now my GPU isn't exactly phenomenal but it's not dire either (asus eah6670), I can run most new games on medium settings comfortably, and the framerate for A3 isn't bad at all, but the texture popping is atrocious! I did a little snooping around on other sites for a fix for this, but every post about it is beta-related. Anyone had/having this problem, or know a way to fix it?
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Ferrard Carson

Re: Horrible horrible texture popping

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Keeping in mind, I don't know anything about the specifics of your computer build except for your graphics card... Texture popping is generally a sign of either a slow hard-drive wire, or a slow hard-drive. There might be a few other things that might cause that, but the simplest answer would be if your HDD or its connector is a generation or two behind the times. It's one reason that an asset intensive game like ArmA benefits so much from a solid-state drive.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."