BI Announces First Campaign

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Stoner

BI Announces First Campaign

Post by Stoner »

“Our first campaign episode, ‘Survive’, introduces players to Ben Kerry, a regular soldier who’s part of a NATO peacekeeping mission in the Mediterranean. Following a couple of years of uneasy cease-fire, this US-led deployment is now in the process of a staged drawdown. The vacuum left by withdrawing forces is being rapidly filled by the opposing CSAT faction, creating the conditions for, one might say, a flashpoint” , explains Jay Crowe, Creative Director on Arma 3.

“Of course, it's not just about our own story, but another opportunity to provide yet more building blocks for the platform - new weapons, animations, 3D objects, scripted modules - each designed to grant content creators even greater freedom to create and share their own content. Looking forward to the forthcoming episodes, we’ll continue to expand Arma 3’s sandbox with additions such as new vehicles.”

I read the character's name as Ken Berry, the actor from F-Troop and Mayberry RFD. Does that make me sound old?

BI Announcement
Bitte töte mich nicht

Homercleese

Re: BI Announces First Campaign

Post by Homercleese »

Stoner wrote:Does that make me sound old?
Eh, I'm 32 and I had to google both of those shows. Does that make me sound like someone who thinks you sound old?

That said, I'm Irish, I don't think TVs were exactly widespread when those shows were broadcast so if I was 60 I probably wouldn't know what you were on about.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Kefirz wrote: Ben Kerry vs Ken Berry
:fry: eh.. eeeeh??
I fudging knew it! :clint:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

Is it bad that I'm more interested in watching the TV shows that Stoner mentioned than I am in any Arma campaign?

Apart from using The Armory in A2 and the Editor in A3 to set up key bindings, TrackIR and graphics; I haven't touched the SP part of the Arma series.

Homercleese

Post by Homercleese »

Terminal Boy wrote:Is it bad that I'm more interested in watching the TV shows that Stoner mentioned than I am in any Arma campaign?

Apart from using The Armory in A2 and the Editor in A3 to set up key bindings, TrackIR and graphics; I haven't touched the SP part of the Arma series.
Pretty much the same for me. I've barely even touched the senarios/showcases. Can't seem to work up the interest unless there's actual people to shoot at.

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

Considering it took me about a year after buying Arma 2 to convince myself to go on multiplayer, I'm more of a SP person when it comes to the Arma series. Though, most of my time was spent in the editor more than anything. Still haven't really finished any of the campaigns.

EDIT: Ok, so I've played it now. Surprisingly good, although it's rather short. It is just the first episode though. There's a lot of tense moments, though I won't spoil any of them with you guys. Anyway, it's worth checking out. Can't wait for the next episode, considering this one ends on a cliffhanger.

EsotericReverie

Post by EsotericReverie »

As a budding mission editor, I'm primarily interested in the new content they're talking of. Does anyone know if there's anything useful?

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

All I noticed was a couple new British units (might I add, only found in story section of NATO), the 2 new pistols and the Rahim Marksman rifle, some new placeable objects like the decomissioned Hunter, and that there's likely a few new modules as were mentioned. If you want to make a mission about a British team searching for enemies in a military junkyard, then content-wise you should be good. Still not aware of any units that spawn with either of the pistols or the new sights though, just the Rahim with DMS marksman sight.

EDIT: Apparently there are new modules, including what looks to be an especially useful ORBAT module, which would probably work nicely for our missions. There's also a friendly fire thing, which I hopes does not apply to snakes, which are apparently civilians (I have a tendency to accidently blow up snakes).