Help Wanted: Web coders / UI Experts

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Tigershark

Help Wanted: Web coders / UI Experts

Post by Tigershark »

The party has been hard at work migrating the mission forum thread into a true database of missions. Providing a host of features useful for hosting but also for mission makers and players alike.

Comrade Head has done an excellent job of building a prototype for us but there are many UI features we would like to add that requires a working knowledge of HTML5 or and other web app development techniques.

Our DB uses Parse as a backend. We just need some frontend work.

Do we have any comrades who can help with front end web design and coding? If so, could you please sound off in this thread listing your experience and skills.

Regards,
Comrade Unky Tiger....the kind of uncle you didn't want to sit on.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

boberro

Re: Help Wanted: Web coders / UI Experts

Post by boberro »

I'm doing some javascript and jQuery nonsense for a living.
I was never interested in this stuff before, and I'm still learning, so I won't desing anything. But if there's someone needed to kick the dirty work, I'm here.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Dabbo

Re: Help Wanted: Web coders / UI Experts

Post by Dabbo »

I have some experience with JavaScript/JQuery, HTML5, JSON, AJAX amongst others. Design isn't my strong point, I tend to have stronger areas in logic. I'm not that great at "pretty and wow" as I'm more geared towards "functional and tidy". Happy to lend my input as an when it's needed :)

My experience in this area comes from my day job (although as of writing, I was recently made redundant and I'm currently job hunting) as a Java Web Developer.