Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
head

Re: Unofficial Arma 3 mod-fun time Saturday 2030 BST

Post by head »

Poll is over, Saturday it is.

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

I've never used acre before, is there any useful wikis or such that I should consult?

head

Post by head »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXqJ59P98FE - Install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io3uzbYO0iU This one is a bit over complicated, all you need to know how to change channels.

Remember that ACRE2 requires the latest version of Teamspeak 3 (currently 3.0.16) be installed (either 32bit or 64bit)

If you run 64bit, you can install two versions ( config is shared between), il be around before start to help people test it and what not. (like in V+)

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

one thought to take one picture of todays session but here it is:

Ardyvee giving his plan of attack on our first mission vodka something

Ardyvee

Post by Ardyvee »

Ah, it was enjoyable. I wish we had more bodies for the meat grinder people show up, but even then I had my fun. It was so odd to play A3 with non-vanilla weapons. Yet it was all so... familiar. Anyway. We played a co-op mission in which we may have suffered from some ACRE2 issues (wouldn't be ACRE without them, would it?). It was still fun. Things felt... lethal. Dangerous. Fun!

Then we played some PVP, with NATO defending. I must commend the attacking forces for trying to fast-rope in and for trying to grenade us from the roof. Also, their attempt to engage us from a nearby hill was pleasantly surprising and made sure I feared for my life (and got to know better AGM's system). Fight inside the building was had and only one side lived.

Finally, we went on to ambush a convoy. Comrade head was in charge of the explosives. Sadly, the convoy stopped short of our trap. As the RiflemanAT of my fireteam, once I realized they had stopped, I prepared to shoot at the BTR leading the convoy. First shot was a front hit. Not enough to kill it. Afterwards, someone (the other Rifleman AT?) shot it, too. It stopped moving, but it didn't blow up. Sadly, we had lost our glorious leader and command structure became a little... shaky, at least from my point of view. It wasn't concerning, though: we just needed to shoot the dismounted infantry and the vehicles. And so we did. Until I got shot in the head because shooting from a exposed rooftop is smart.

Most thanks to Head for hosting and everyone else for showing up :)

pvtbones

Post by pvtbones »

only issue I had with acre2 was with the volume of some people in both the direct comm and the radio (I believe I had the radio volume maxed out) would also love to try a zeus mission with all the fancy beeps and bloops

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

While I didn't care for the content, as fun as AKs and M4s are, I feel like AGM and ACRE2 are probably some of the most gameplay enhancing mods around. Especially what with AGM's... everything. Something about Arma 3 felt a dozen times better with the awful FAK system replaced by bandages, epipens, morphine, and blood bags. Also the glorious return of earplugs. And having to wipe the glory of war (read: rain, dirt, blood, etc) off your goggles was an interesting twist. You could still see with your goggles coated in rain, but at the same time it still helped to wipe. And then of course, there's weapon resting.

What I'm saying is you should all join us in the rain so you can experience the glory of wiping your goggles in combat. Sure, you can get your AKs back, but goggles is what it's really about.

head

Post by head »

ACRE2 has some issues in the public release, i'm going to have a talk with nou and see if we can used the closed release instead, It has tweaked volumes and other fixes.

I just want to thank everyone who showed up, we got about 7.
Was great fun, Hoping we get a few more bodies, so we can complete these missions.

AGM is very nice, feels good to play arma with it.

Thank you all for showing. I'l see you next week.

lietuvis10

Post by lietuvis10 »

ArmA 3 with AGM was awesome

I mean the act having to swipe your glasses alone made it.

ACRE 2 was also nice,save for the volume issue.

Shame no Zeus

AKs feel god-like.

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Despite the low turn out I had a lot of fun. Thanks for putting this together. I think AGM and ACRE really add to the game. Being able to hear chatter in spectator mode is the best! I back blasted myself, thanks to AGM and a low wall behind me. Some team members gathered around my ragdolled body and I got to listen to them wonder to each other if I was dead as my spectator spirit hovered. Neat.

My memorable moment. I'm heavily injured, I can't move and the darkness is closing in. I call over the radio "Is anyone still up?", someone replies "I'm still up" SCREAMS!!!, machinegun fire in the distance, the radio goes silent, I bleed out, other team wins.