Task Force Radio?

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
RaVeNrcft

Task Force Radio?

Post by RaVeNrcft »

Have you guys ever thought of trying Task Force Radio for ARMA/TS? I know you guys really don't like mods but I don't believe this requires that much effort to install and really improves the realism of team comms easily.

Aqarius
Host

Re: Task Force Radio?

Post by Aqarius »

it's not that we dislike mods. Mods are used, but either fully client-side (and so optional) or fully server-side (and so unneeded by the user). The modless idea isn't about the effort. FA works on a 'pick up and play' principle, any requirement beyond A3 and TS would be an unneeded complication, and get in the way of people who just want to play the game.
[/allegedly]

wolfenswan

Re: Task Force Radio?

Post by wolfenswan »

To illustrate this a bit differently: The idea is that you can have three kids and work 7-9 and still be able to boot your PC 5 minutes before the session and join us for a fun and tactical experience in a mature environment. Even a very small required modset can get in the way of that as it might require updating just before the session.

That said, the party is not going to send men to your apartment for playing with groups using a mod-set (not for this at least) and one I can recommend are 1Tac, which some of us play with on their sessions and vice versa. Their sessions are either fridays or saturdays, so there's no conflict of schedule either.