Arma 3 Marksmen DLC out on April 8...

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Sparks

Re: Arma 3 Marksmen DLC out on April 8...

Post by Sparks »

That Korean war era M14 (the Arma 3 Mk14) seems a good match to Folk sessions...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ah, poop. I'm seeing a framerate drop in YAAB of from 15.5 to 11.3 :(

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

YAAB?

BTW does anyone use PiP? I see no difference between low and ultra, and all settings incur the same ~10 fps hit.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

SuicideKing wrote:YAAB?
Yet Another Arma Benchmark. It's the one I use by default these days.You can snag it out of the Steam Workshop and it's a single-player scenario. Handy features like being able to save results with notes in the scenario.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... -Benchmark
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =375092418
BTW does anyone use PiP? I see no difference between low and ultra, and all settings incur the same ~10 fps hit.
I don't. It only gets used by me in two circumstances - when reversing vehicles in close quarters or the very final stages of an MH9 landing when I'm trying to hit the center of the helipad or looking for rocks underneath me in an awkward field landing. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been handy on occasion :D It's just that my machine's so old I can't afford the hit for scenarios I can usually avoid (seriously, nobody wants me to drive in this game unless they like spectator mode), and besides, looking at Reppy's footage of Pimps at Sea versus my footage from the same game, if I had any fps to trade off, I'd trade off on other things like texture quality first. Reppy and the others are seeing things in-game that I just don't see because of it - heck, look at those reeds!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BTW, bipods rock :D KoTH lets you play with the DLC and I was trying it out last night (they don't have the new weapons though and the DLC's causing them some bugs with the mod, don't buy sniper rifles for a day or two if you play KoTH). I really am looking forward to using them in a Folk session, maybe with one of the new machine guns (damn, but one of them sounds very punchy) or even better, the new M14 they've added...

(btw KoTH without sniper rifles turns out to be a lot more fun, which proves the Folk point about scopes rather well...)

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Oh, hey, new command key bindings. Didn't notice this...

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Yeah, ditto on focusing on other things first. Particles and PiP are the lowest on my list. I finally managed to get overall view distance to 4000m (though I've left objects to 2000m), and I set object details to very high. Not too much of a hit. Textures pretty much need more VRAM.

I don't see a lot of things because I don't play at my monitor's native resolution (80% of 1080p), so it's all a bit blurry at long range.

I saw that video just a short while before yesterday's session, even though I knew about the unlocked keybinds. Pretty much did what Dslyecxi did, removed 1-0 from AI and put those on CTRL+1...0.

So now I have:

Code: Select all

1 - Primary weapon
2 - Sidearm
3 - Secondary
4 - Throwable Item Select
G - deploy bipod
NUM 0 - Direct VON
Mouse 4 - Throw item
Mouse 5 - Combat Pace
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com