Headsets!

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
SuicideKing
Host

Re: Headsets!

Post by SuicideKing »

boberro wrote:IMHO that's the case, as gaming headsets like bass much too much.
Yeah that indeed seems to be the case.

I've settled on the Siberia V1 - smaller drivers (40mm) and from what I've been reading, made to be a more balanced headphone. On the ear and doesn't have leather either, which in this heat is a good thing - I suffered the same hot ears thing today that audiox was talking about above with the Philips SHM1900 that I'm using temporarily.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

So i got to pick up my hyperx clouds today. £50 on amazon uk, and so far i wpuld say worth every penny. Rock solid consruction, the most comfortable cans ive worn in a long time. Removable boom mic(havent had a chance to try it out yet), braided cable that comes with: control box(detachable) for mute and volume, a 2m extension lead and a y splitter for use with a phone.

Very impressed. Hopefully i sound a bit better next session! Otherwise its time for a new/usb soundcard

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Got my Siberia V1 as well. Nice enough, really comfortable, pretty good for music too.

Now, the mic situation is peculiar. The headset is meant to be used with both PCs and portable media devices, so by default comes without inline volume control. That's provided by another bundle of (included) cables. Finally, there's a separate collar mic with a mute slider.

Lots of wires obviously.

The new sound drivers I installed last week seem to have muted the mic audio, so I need +30dB boosts with noise cancellation. So either because of that, or the fact that it's a collar mic, voice pickup is okay, will find out tomorrow how it does.

Headsets themselves are quite nice though.

Finally, I'd give an unqualified recommendation to the Sennheiser HDM 280 Pro, which is basically an HD 280 Pro with a boom mic. The HD 280 Pro is a studio monitor and sounds excellent (not tried it with games).
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com