[NEWS] Folk ARPS adopts a new OrBat for 2015

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
fer

[NEWS] Folk ARPS adopts a new OrBat for 2015

Post by fer »

tap tap ... Is this thing on? ... No, not that one ... No, the blonde one ... *ahem* ...

Comrades!

Back in the dark days of March, the Politburo challenged the Party's scientists and industrialists to dream up an alternative OrBat for our brave fighting forces. Specifically, we wanted to deliver:
  • A platoon that requires fewer leaders
  • More robust fireteams
  • Easier bounding
  • Simpler mechanised operations
Immediately, some of our best minds embarked upon a frantic programme of design, creating various experimental OrBats that became known as the FAXORBATs. During May and June, many brave comrade volunteers and Kefirz became heroes (except Kefirz), giving their lives in a series of brutal battlefield tests.

My friends ... all that hard work and sacrifice was not in vein. For tonight, comrades, I am pleased to announce that the contract for the new OrBat has been awarded to Ferrard Carson Industries. FAXORBAT-4C is being adopted by Folk ARPS, and will be known as the Folk ARPS 2015 Platoon. Already, several key resources have been published:
Although some venerable OrBat 2012 missions will appear in rotation for a little while yet, very soon we shall have equipped all missions with the glorious new OrBat. Even now, our great factories of are working night and day to convert old missions to the new standard, or create entirely new experiences based on the new template.

It is an exciting time to fight for the Party, comrades!

:v:

PS Do not believe anything you read on medium/verge/buzzfeed about how the Folk ARPS 2015 Platoon can be beaten in a dogfight by an F-35. It is merely reactionary propaganda from the West, which is jealous of our technological supremacy. Also, there is no truth to the rumour that Politburo member and industrialist comrade Aquarius, who had developed FAXORBAT-2, was persuaded to drop his legal challenge after being gifted a brand new Sunseeker.

... Right ... I think that went well ... but my throat is very dry now ... Guards ... Guards, my champagne! ...