Yet another warning about power supplies (bye till january)

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Boarnoah

Yet another warning about power supplies (bye till january)

Post by Boarnoah »

Yes yes we've all heard the stories don't buy cheap no name power supplies, but the price was really tempting since I was on a tight budget back in the day and I went with a Ultra Power Supply (in all fairness it did look a lot like the big boys, painted black and mesh around the cables). The fan on that stopped working last year (luckily I was running my case open, saw it immedeately and was able to save myself from a house fire), because I am not a very smart man and a poor one at that I went out a brought another Ultra power supply :bang: (seriously they are the only less than $80 supplies around here).

Today it decied it had enough and blew up, a week away from my midterms. So here I was running out to fork over a hundred more dollars on a Corsair supply this time. Thankfully most my computer seems to have surived the incident except for the graphics card. I SAW the little spark and the fumes from the input capacitors as I powered everything back on and with that goes my real graphics card.

Won't be able to afford a replacement till January when I return to my coop job, so have great sessions and a merry christmas till then.

Kefirz

Re: Yet another warning about power supplies (bye till janua

Post by Kefirz »

Ah Boarnoah, sad to see you MIA. See you in January!
Hopefully you will ace the exams because you won't have any distractions :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

fer

Post by fer »

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, comrade. Here's hoping we'll see you back in the sessions come the new year. There's always a Katiba set aside for you.

Soviet

Post by Soviet »

Boar, when you're back we'll team up with Sparks and Delta only to watch helplessly as at least one of us gets domed by a sniper two minutes in. It'll be right back to business as usual :v:
"I guess I really am Tigershark's cameraman..." -Sparks
"My flights are terrifying for my passengers and myself" -Ralian