Christmas Challenge 2015

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
fer

Re: Christmas Challenge 2015

Post by fer »

SuicideKing wrote:1) How strict is the 50 player cap? I mean, I can make it into a 50p mission without the normal attachments, but with them it'll be up to 64. I mean sure, I could keep only two to three attachments and make it something like 54 or 56, but point is, how much further can I go?
The idea was to make a mission that could be enjoyable with up to 50 players, because that's really at the top end of our player-counts. If you want to leave more slots in - perhaps to provide options for taking different attachments - that should be fine. I was just keen to avoid missions that required a cast of thousands to play.
SuicideKing wrote:2) Where/how are we supposed to submit the missions? Just leave them on the test server and leave a note here?
Just get the mission tested, uploaded to main and recorded in FAMDB as normal, then post about it here.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

fer wrote: The idea was to make a mission that could be enjoyable with up to 50 players, because that's really at the top end of our player-counts. If you want to leave more slots in - perhaps to provide options for taking different attachments - that should be fine. I was just keen to avoid missions that required a cast of thousands to play.
Lol. Yeah it's playable with 50, just attachments after that.
Just get the mission tested, uploaded to main and recorded in FAMDB as normal, then post about it here.
Okay! Will do that, thanks.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

fa3_c60_feintParryRiposte_v1

...is my entry. Currently resides on the test server.

Listed in FAMDB as "Feint, Parry, Riposte".

AmishStrikeForce

Post by AmishStrikeForce »

My entry is currently on the test server and listed in FAMDB as "We're Not Gonna Take It." Future editions will have a brief snippet of a certain Twisted Sister song... :D "Lights Out."
Last edited by AmishStrikeForce on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Also known as Spanks Masterson

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

Should probably make it official, Totaled from last week was for this thing. You know, with the Aziz and cars and helicopters and such.

Post by 2600K »

Would someone be able to PM me details of the test server so I can upload my mission?

I messaged a host but it looks like they're still recovering from new years. :D

AmishStrikeForce

It appears that at least four hard-working comrades spent their free time--when they were not dragging a plow across a field for the collective good---to produce the following GLORIOUS MISSIONS.

"Totaled" by darkChozo
??? by 2600k
"Feint, Parry, Riposte" by SuicideKing
"Lights Out" by myself

In recognition of the incredible ardor with which said comrades threw themselves at this task, they hereby receive the following gracious gifts from Morale Division:

1. A bonus shopping chit worth 1/16 of a *ration chit!
2. Extra work hours in the fields! You comrades obviously have too much time and energy on your hands!
3. A grainy snapshot taken of a TV on which was playing a video of an undetermined person polishing a famed GOLDEN MAKAROV!
4. At least ONE FORUM COMMENT A PIECE on your missions in which a random netizen shall remark something to the effect of "meh" and/or "is ok, but moar better plz" (calm down comrades, I know that just sent your hearts a-flutter).
5. Morale Division shall comment on phone lines (monitored by Loyalty Enforcement Division) what a worthy and loyal comrade you are!
6. Other **awards yet to be announced by other comrades in this thread!

* Only valid between the hours of 1:00AM and 1:15AM (in a yet-to-be-determined time zone).
** Comrade mission-makers may be wondering when they will receive the previously announced "Execution Waivers." It is the duty of Morale Division to inform the comrades that the Request For Waivers was sadly denied. The RFW was returned to Morale Division covered in fecal matter with only a three-letter response: "lol"

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

I think I'm going to withdraw my "entry". I'll have to cut stuff to make it playable, and it won't resemble what I wanted to put out. So, meh.

fer

Post by fer »

Please could the folks who entered missions for this competition post help me complete this list?
  • Totaled (darkChozo)
  • UNKNOWN (2600k)
  • Feint, Parry, Riposte (SuicideKing)
  • Lights Out (AmishStrikeForce)
I'm so sorry for the lack of response - I've been busy/sick - but I don't want the mission makers to think they have been forgotten. I have a shiny new FA patch for the winner, so if we can finalise the list, we can get on with the judging!

AmishStrikeForce

fer wrote:Please could the folks who entered missions for this competition post help me complete this list?
  • Totaled (darkChozo)
  • UNKNOWN (2600k)
  • Feint, Parry, Riposte (SuicideKing)
  • Lights Out (AmishStrikeForce)
I'm so sorry for the lack of response - I've been busy/sick - but I don't want the mission makers to think they have been forgotten. I have a shiny new FA patch for the winner, so if we can finalise the list, we can get on with the judging!
I post for the benefit of folks who may not know the quirks of trying to post to a global "stickied" thread (you've got to go to the "ArmA 3: Discussion" forum directly and then click this link at the top and then reply). Anyways, I'm fairly sure that 2600k's entry was "No Rest For The Wicked" which we played a couple weeks back.

Also, I suppose this means I need to get my revision in and resubmit the latest version of Lights Out!