Arma 3: The plan

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
SuperU

Re: Arma 3: The plan

Post by SuperU »

Dannysaysnoo wrote:Thanks very much, Fer! I feel the need to point out as many holes in the switchover plan, possibly because this is my first switchover and such. I already have a thunderous idea for an adversarial, and one for a co-op. Once F3 is ready, I'll be sure to get it on paper.
I have had the same same thoughts! I am expecting to see many many thunder ball missions!

Dannysaysnoo

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

I still need to figure out if inserting a Tom Jones MP3 will get us arrested or not.

fer

Post by fer »

Dannysaysnoo wrote:I still need to figure out if inserting a Tom Jones MP3 will get us arrested or not.
Conspiracy alone will get you arrested, comrade.

Dannysaysnoo

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

fer wrote:
Dannysaysnoo wrote:I still need to figure out if inserting a Tom Jones MP3 will get us arrested or not.
Conspiracy alone will get you arrested, comrade.
What conspiracy?

EBass

Post by EBass »

I can't see that anyone has suggested this yet, but it seems a very obvious thing. Why not after the first month or two after we get F3 working do we not do a Tuesday session on Arma 2 and a Sunday session on Arma3 or similar? We'll probably need a while to get some missions together anyway?

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

EBass wrote:I can't see that anyone has suggested this yet, but it seems a very obvious thing. Why not after the first month or two after we get F3 working do we not do a Tuesday session on Arma 2 and a Sunday session on Arma3 or similar? We'll probably need a while to get some missions together anyway?
We will not be switching to ArmA 3 before our planned schedule because as anyone around for this past Sunday's experience would know from the wild fraying of harakka's and other hosts' nerves, we do not want to depend on update cycles being friendly to our gaming experience. This means using as stable a product as possible, which may be possible sometime in the Beta process at the earliest. The Alpha will be in constant flux, and there is no guarantee of stability at any level of the product - it's an Alpha after all.

As stated previously, our main sessions will remain ArmA 2 until further notice, but anyone is free to help out hosts and mission-makers on Saturdays as we test various F2 components, test scripting and whatnot for mission-makers to begin work, and overall admire the pretties.

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

So Mod Saturdays will become A3 Saturdays starting from Saturday 9th of March?

Given the low turnout for last Saturday's ACE/ACRE night, I think this slot would be an ideal opportunity to test out FA missions ported to A3 and look at the shiny graphics.

EBass

Post by EBass »

Ferrard Carson wrote: We will not be switching to ArmA 3 before our planned schedule because as anyone around for this past Sunday's experience would know from the wild fraying of harakka's and other hosts' nerves, we do not want to depend on update cycles being friendly to our gaming experience. This means using as stable a product as possible, which may be possible sometime in the Beta process at the earliest. The Alpha will be in constant flux, and there is no guarantee of stability at any level of the product - it's an Alpha after all.

As stated previously, our main sessions will remain ArmA 2 until further notice, but anyone is free to help out hosts and mission-makers on Saturdays as we test various F2 components, test scripting and whatnot for mission-makers to begin work, and overall admire the pretties.

~ Ferrard
Yea I didn't mean anytime even remotely soon, I more meant one A2 one A3 session when A3 is in either advanced beta or post release.

daf

Post by daf »

BiS has stated that there will be a official mod to load in ArmA 2 content in a similar way to ToH rearmed, so knowing that will it be considered to have A2:CO still be a requirement for when we finally transition to A3?

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

daf wrote:BiS has stated that there will be a official mod to load in ArmA 2 content in a similar way to ToH rearmed, so knowing that will it be considered to have A2:CO still be a requirement for when we finally transition to A3?
Not official party statement or anything, but I think that would conflict with Folk's "Minimal hassle required" mantra.