Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Capernatious

Introduce yourself

Post by Capernatious »

Hello all. We hosts thought it would be nice to have a place where new and old players can introduce themselves.
That way people know not to get too close to comrade Tigershark after dark.

I'll start:
My name is Theo, nickname Capernatious. I hail from Belgium. I started playing Arma because several people in the RPS Steam Chat convinced me to buy a copy on the cheap and join them to see what it was like. It seemed pretty overwhelming to me at first, but these awesome people were so friendly and inviting that I just kept coming back.
Now I'm in charge of the Arma 2 Free server we're running, keeping it clean of hackers and maintaining the peace.

Apart from that, I'm an avid reader, and am currently employed as a programmer with a company that manufactures weaving machines.

head

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by head »

Hello, I'm Head,I've been playing with ARPS for about a 1 year and half.

I got ARMA2CO one day on whim while it being on sale on gamersgate, and i remember read something about a RPS community around it on my favorite gaming news site, so i quickly googled it up ,found the password and joined in, lucky me there was a domi mission going about, joined in stayed around.

Uh in real life my name is Sebastian, i'm studying "electrical engineering",i'm a father of one who will be 2 year old.

SuperU

Post by SuperU »

Hello im SuperÜ I started playing with folk arps since may and have loved my time so far and can't wait for the future.

I have owned arma 2 for years, but only really started playing it seriously with folk arps. I found out about FA though a serious of youtube videos and wanted to be part of what I was seeing!

As for irl me, my name is Will and I am a student studying visual effects. But I also work in an operating theatre department ;P

Cya on the battlefield.

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

I realise this is pretty badly timed, as I just made a goodbye post yesterday :siiigh: , but oh well, here goes.

I'm thekev506! Or 'fierce k pierce' if you find me on steam.

I used to play the original Operation Flashpoint when I was in high school and basically treated the editor like a giant toybox, then shied away from PC gaming. I've gotten back into it this year, and found ARMA 2 on sale, picked it up to relive my early teenage years, and stumbled across shacktac via youtube, which in turn led me to this place.

IRL, my name is Kevin (bet you didn't see that coming), I studied music production at uni, own and play too many instruments for my own good - banjo is taking up a lot of my time these days - and am about to start an ESL job in the Czech Republic next week.
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

Bodge

Post by Bodge »

Hello, I am Bodge.

I started playing Arma with some outcasts from the old PCGF, having played Opflash singleplayer a lot I hadn't had anyone to play MP with so never had any really great experience with it. After we started playing custom Arma missions together in a small squad of 8 or so I was hooked normally filling the marksman role in our missions. One of the team brought the first RPS session to my attention and we jumped in as a squad. Then I ended up as a squad lead with Nullkigan, Washington and Dvorak and after that ARPS was formed and became a significant chunk of my gaming life.

It has taken up far too many hours but still doesn't get old, so thanks for helping with that. As you probably realise I am one of the hosts and want to develop FA into something we can all be proud of and enjoy.

IRL I am a 26 year old Outdoor Activity Instructor in West Yorkshire on the border with Lancs and am pretty much as grumpy as I am in Arma.

m0ntag

Post by m0ntag »

The name's m0ntag.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and have played more games than I could count. I joined the RPS crew back about...a year ago. Since then, I've been happily gaming with them. They got me into ARMA in short order and I've been playing with Folk and ARPS for the same amount of time. You will probably see me filling the Medic slot or, on occasion, FTL. I consider myself to be quite skilled at the game and love playing in organised sessions because they're not rampant vehicle-crashing fests like most public servers.

IRL m0ntag: My name is Nathan and I live in Seattle, Washington. I used to live in Germany for 8 years and then Nebraska for 5 years. I'm a student. I play drums, ride my dirt bike, pop down to the shooting range on occasion, and do loads of other things. I speak German decently but not as good as I used to with English as my primary language.

m0ntag
Last edited by m0ntag on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
I don't like the term 'Medic'. I prefer 'Fun Enabler' or 'Maximum Fun Ensurance Counselor'. What's more fun than being shot once? Being shot twice.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/m0ntag
whitesymphonia wrote:I know that I can count on m0ntag to save my ass when wounded...

wafflynumber

Post by wafflynumber »

Hola! Me llamo wafflynumber.

Im from Ireland, but spent 8 years of my life in the uk, hence the accent.

I originally started playing Arma 2 all the way back in 2009 with tactical gamer. Their missions and general structure was very.... interesting to say the least. After that brief stint, I moved on to other games, namely battlefield and halo on the xbox. I found Arps through an impromptu PC gamer session. I believe it was egg and harlander who came into the server and started promoting arps. I came back to the arps server, rather enjoyed it and ended up in the Tuesday sessions. All about 6ish months ago now.

IRL the names Liam. Outside of Rugby and schoolwork, I game. I game quite a lot :D

Heres to an awesome 2013!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Okay, now that my hangover is down to a manageable level:

I'm Wolfenswan, in my early twenties and hail from the northern tip of Germany. I've bought A2 CO when it was on sale about two years ago and got involved with ARPS. One of my first memories is flying a transport helicopter full of people in Fallujah due to a "let the new people fly" policy. This turned out as well as you'd expect and the policy was more or less revoked. Soon after we started playing at the Folk sessions and since then I've hardly missed a session. I also started making missions when Fer released the "It hasn't have to be complicated" stub and since then editing has accounted for a quite a bit of the nearly 600 hours I've played ARMA 2 (according to Steam).

When I'm not cursing at ARMA2 I either work on my studies (sociology), do sports, read, all that boring real life stuff without explosions. And because I can't get enough of rainy and cold weather I've decided to make yet another jump northwards and will be staying in Oslo for the next year. Hopefully I'll have my rig with me, otherwise I might not be around for the most of 2013 :D

Disreputable_Dog

Post by Disreputable_Dog »

Hi! My name's Disreputable Dog, and I'm New to the group, Just registered, and really excited to play with you guys! I've always wanted to play this game with a fun group, and you guys seem like a pretty fun one. I'm still learning how to get steam to launch the game as combined operations, but hopefully I'll be joining up with you guys in game soon!

As for something more about myself, I'm born and raised in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, am a great lover of Vodka and Gin, and am always happy to share my knowledge of drinks with anyone who asks. My favorite drink is the Kamikazi (1 oz Vodka, 1/2 oz triple Sec, 2 oz lime juice)

I might add more info as i think of things, but for now, this is all I got!

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

Good morning chaps!

I'm Stranglove, a student hailing from the beautiful west country of England - Wiltshire, to be precise. I bought A2OA after reading the AAR from the very first ARPS session, back in 2010. I played in one of the frontpage sessions which got me truly hooked on the game. Since then I've dabbled in mission making and other facets of A2CO, and have been helping out as part of the host team since September.

When not suffering flashbacks to my time in ArmA, I tend to play other games (Wargame: European Escalation is a particular favourite of mine at the moment), correct people's spelling of my name on internet message boards (There's no E you fools!) and long-distance skateboarding (not massively long distance mind. I've done the Bath to Bristol route twice at the last two Bristol Board meetings, all for charity). I also do a lot of reading, mainly history - it's the subject I'm also studying at the moment. In stark contrast to Wolfenswan, I do all this boring real life stuff with explosions. It brightens up my day.

Strang.