Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
fer

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by fer »

Hello, brand Nazi here. The correct long-form of our name is "Folk ARPS" (pronounced "Folk ... A ... R .. P ... S"), note the space in between words, whilst the correct short-form is "FA" (pronounced "F ... A"). And remember, comrades, brand compliance saves lives (specifically yours)!

:cop:

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

fer wrote:Hello, brand Nazi here. The correct long-form of our name is "Folk ARPS" (pronounced "Folk ... A ... R .. P ... S"), note the space in between words, whilst the correct short-form is "FA" (pronounced "F ... A"). And remember, comrades, brand compliance saves lives (specifically yours)!

Wait.
So when people keep talking about sweet F A, they're talking about us?
LADS! WE'RE FAMOUS!
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Whaaat, theres a space?!? I wasn't informed of that during the politburo brainwashing training seminar.

skeptical_platypus

Post by skeptical_platypus »

Obviously I made a serious naming error when I didn't choose F A Folk.

skeptical_platypus

Eagle_Eye wrote:Hello Platypus,

Welcome to Folk ARPS (We always say it with the ARPS). As you say there is nothing better than playing big co-ops with others. If your'e looking for a taste of what were about, we had a great night last night, and there will probably be some nice pics and videos popping up in the After Action Report thread. Sparks usually has a recording of the whole session up at some point. Hope to see you sunday!

Our comms routine is incredibly simple once you get the hang of it. Basically we have 3 channels.
  • The in-game arma voice "group" channel is used to talk to you immediate team (usually 5 others). This is usually what we mean by VON, and almost exclusively refers to "group" VON when talking. In the options you can set a push-to-talk button for group only (I use CapsLock)
  • The FTLs and Squad leader will communicate in their own teamspeak channel (so HQ/Alpha/Bravo/Charlie have a seperate channel). Team members can use TS for emergency contact reports, but generally this channel is kept quiet for leaders to communicate (I have this bound to a mouse button).
  • Finally we use Channel Commander in teamspeak so that different squads can communicate with HQ and each other. There is a forum post on how to set this up, but unless you are at least an FTL its probably not too big a worry. Set it up when you feel comfortable enough to step up in the ranks ( I have this bound to "h").
  • One other thing: Generally we use group VON in game, but sometimes it is nice to use direct or vehicle channels (you can switch channels with < and >) I have this ptt bound to right-shift, as its not a commonly used button.
You had me until direct / vehicle channels. But I'll get there.

skeptical_platypus

fer wrote:Hello, brand Nazi here. The correct long-form of our name is "Folk ARPS" (pronounced "Folk ... A ... R .. P ... S"), note the space in between words, whilst the correct short-form is "FA" (pronounced "F ... A"). And remember, comrades, brand compliance saves lives (specifically yours)!

I look forward to hearing that short space between the R and P on sunday.

Soviet

Post by Soviet »

Introductions are for the living! Long live Folk AHRPSE :v:

(( :commissar: ))
"I guess I really am Tigershark's cameraman..." -Sparks
"My flights are terrifying for my passengers and myself" -Ralian

boberro

Post by boberro »

Eagle_Eye wrote:Generally we use group VON in game, but sometimes it is nice to use direct or vehicle channels
I long for a day when direct channel starts working (of course there's still a possibility that it works, but there's a conspiracy of people making me think it does not).
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

boberro wrote:
Eagle_Eye wrote:Generally we use group VON in game, but sometimes it is nice to use direct or vehicle channels
I long for a day when direct channel starts working (of course there's still a possibility that it works, but there's a conspiracy of people making me think it does not).
It works. I've seen it work. But you have to yell at Carson levels of volume for some reason. And if you have push-to-hear active, it mutes Direct along with everything else.
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Yldri

Post by Yldri »

----
Last edited by Yldri on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.