Introduce yourself

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
wolfenswan

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by wolfenswan »

SuicideKing wrote:
Kefirz wrote:Welcome SuicideKing, I wish you a happy stay here, if you ever need to ask a question, go ahead and it will be answered to the best of our abilities.
Thanks a lot!

Yes I do have a few questions...should I post them here or in another thread?
Welcome to folk arps!

New thread is fine, or join our Skype group chat.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

wolfenswan wrote:
SuicideKing wrote:
Kefirz wrote:Welcome SuicideKing, I wish you a happy stay here, if you ever need to ask a question, go ahead and it will be answered to the best of our abilities.
Thanks a lot!

Yes I do have a few questions...should I post them here or in another thread?
Welcome to folk arps!

New thread is fine, or join our Skype group chat.
Thanks! I think I'll start a new thread, Skype's group chat thing seemed a bit obtuse, or at least it's not syncing well between my phone and the desktop software.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Hey everyone. I'm Steve or CelticFrost91, I'm from Chicago, Illinois and I'm new to Arma 3 (somewhat new to PC gaming in general) so please be patient with me while I learn the game :D . So far, I absolutely love the game and was drawn to the community the series seems to provide. After making a post on Reddit I found FA and hope to play soon.

A little about myself, recently got out of the Marine Corps, I was in the infantry so that is somewhat why I love Arma so much. Currently working at a local restaurant until I go to college in the fall. I enjoy reading about history, watching and playing hockey, gaming (of course) and some music here and there. I used to play a lot of console gaming, which somewhat died down throughout my years in the Marines. Got the Xbox One last fall and even though I loved the Halo Master Chief Collection (even in it's flawed glory) I just couldn't find anything worth my money/time on console gaming these days. Built a PC (mainly my good friend) after long time of contemplating and very happy I have done so. I can't wait to start playing with you guys soon!

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Welcome Steve, it's nice to see that you are interested in our approach to the game. The next session will be on Tuesday (with a usually smaller player count) and after that, a more populous Sunday session. We also play other games, but those are more ad hoc, basically when someone wants to play something, they usually ask in Skype if anybody wants to play Insurgency/DCS/EU4/whatever.

Here are the Skype details: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=139
Remember, that you can turn off and filter the notifications, so the actual chat doesn't annoy you every second :D (it's explained in the link)
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Thanks! I'll probably be utilizing Skype then haha. Is it gonna be the same time that you guys play on Sundays for the game on Tuesday?

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Yep, should be 13.20 CST.

Miloki

Post by Miloki »

Tālofa,

I'm a long time RPS reader but only just started playing ArmA 3 a couple of days ago - despite owning it since Alpha - hence I didn't realise there was an RPS community for this game. I decided to install it the other day and give it a go and now realise what Ive been missing! My only previous experience of this IP was the original Op Flashpoint...

Boring gaming history: wrote text adventure games on ZX81 (yes I'm that old), started gaming properly on Amiga 500 (mainly Elite), then Doom in black and white on PC, etc. First online gaming was with RtCW which I played competitively, and a break, then played a lot of DoD:S, Bad Company 2, BF3, TF2, L4D/L4D2, Killing Floor, etc. I like sims, especially MS flight sims and have lost many, many hours to Elite Dangerous since Beta. Also played the usual stuff like Civ, Total War series, etc. Not done so for a while, but I also used to mess about with consoles which have generally been for Elder Scrolls games and the GTA & Borderlands games.

In that scary place known as "real life" I am the wrong side of 40, live in the UK, run an IT company, and spend my free time worrying about work, designing an army of killer robots and walking my dogs with Mrs Miloki. Oh and drinking wine. Lots of wine :D

Miloki

fer

Post by fer »

Welcome to the struggle for collective farms, comrade! Technically, we're not an RPS community, but who has time to draw Venn diagrams whilst firing an AK one-handed from the seat of a tractor? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leander

Post by Leander »

Hello, I'm Leander.

I bought Arma 3 a couple of months ago because I was intrigued by it after watching some gameplay videos on YouTube. I've really been enjoying it, but I've also realized that I should probably join some community to get the most out of the game. With a quick search on Google I came across Folk ARPS, which seems to be very nice and appropriate for the level of commitment I can muster. I'm really looking forward to playing with you.

IRL I am a 22-year-old Finnish guy, grown up in Sweden. I study mathematics and computer science at a university, and I work as a web developer/designer. I have some interest in CGI and photography, and I also play the guitar and write/record/produce songs.

As for other games, I most notably enjoy and play things like Battlefield 3, Freelancer, the Star Wars Jedi Knight games, Minecraft, Sim City and MS Flight Simulator X. At one point I was into Crysis and creating maps for it. Growing up I played mainly racing games/simulators. I appreciate realism in games, so as someone who has put way too many hours into BF, Arma should have been a given a long time ago.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Hi Leander, I hope you'll have a great time with us.