Describe your impressions of the alpha as if it were a meal

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
Crocuta

Re: Describe your impressions of the alpha as if it were a m

Post by Crocuta »

Slerbal wrote:Granted the game is not for everyone, but don't give up on it yet! :)
I was being tongue in cheek about the restaurant analogy. :mrgreen:

Slerbal

Post by Slerbal »

Crocuta wrote:
Slerbal wrote:Granted the game is not for everyone, but don't give up on it yet! :)
I was being tongue in cheek about the restaurant analogy. :mrgreen:
Heh, you were indeed! My apologies :)

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

Well, it was a fairly nice steak, missing stuff here and there, but not bad given the price (Pretty cool, not full but excellent as far as Alphas usually go). I still prefer to put some worcestorshire sauce on it, maybe just some steaksauce (I'm still enjoying the variety mods bring, notably Sudden's Russians but some others too).

EBass

Post by EBass »

I recently saw a brochure for an "E3 cafe" which had many delightful meals which intrigued me. Upon doing some research I found that the E3 Cafe was a members only eatery and I couldn't gain access. However, a friend informed me that the meals at the E3 Cafe were actually only a PR stunt for one of my favorite restaurants the Bohemia Diner. I took a seat and saw many patrons sampling the Arma2 special, which was a favorite of mine, but I wanted to try the Arma3 Delight, which was their new offering.

The waiter came out and told me that he was very sorry, but I'd have to wait until at least Q3 of 2013 until the Arma3 Delight was available, a gourmet myself always knows that half the delight of food is in the anticipation, but waiting several months for food would interrupt my busy schedule, so I made my excuses and collected my coat. However, just as I was going out the door the waiter stopped me, and informed me that as a valued customer I could book a table for the Arma3 delight when they had some available, and as a special favour I could try a "taster" right now. This was an offer I couldn't refuse, so I took a seat and waited for it to be served.

Although the texture of the plate was slightly off, everything on the plate was far better defined than the Arma2. Especially the greenery and salad, looked lots better. The amount of condiments that the meal was accompanied by was especially impressive. Even the cutlery had been involved as the waiter studiously informed me that my fork was now no longer a simple tool for spearing meat, but could be modified so that I could now eat food at long ranges, or if I chose I could use my eating irons at close ranges, I believe he called this close range accuracy enhancer iron sights. Seems obvious really.

I did become aware though that my table was slightly unstable, when lots of customers were in the near vicinity I had to slow down my eating or I might spill the meal. Nevertheless, there were a few crashes as the footsteps of customers caused my wobbly table to tip my glass onto the floor.

Though I was impressed with the food that was on my plate, I must confess I was slightly dissapointed with the quantity of it. The Arma2 Special came with some many different dishes you could edit your meal to your hearts content. Though the Arma3 Delight was delightful, I defiantly felt the abscense of the ability of the Arma2 Special to cater for every pallete.

Nevertheless, I would heartily recommend it to anyone.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

Best written recommendation for a meal I've ever read, EBass. :D

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

This is such a minor thing, but I love the way that ctrl + right click is the toggle scope types default binding. I tried that in Arma 2 and it's not possible.

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

It is possible in ArmA2. You can select the pre-defined option to the right once configuring it.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

I never noticed that before. Thanks.

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

Mmmm, it seems they finished cooking, though it still needs some seasonings. It's much better as a whole than the sampler, but I say, Arma 2 still had much more to it. Arma 3 provides a greater flavor though, which is why I myself enjoy it far more than Arma 2.

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they are thinking of a Beer DLC to go with that dish.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott