What is your favorite new feature/fix in ARMA 3?

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3

What do you like most about ARMA 3?

Graphics
11%
Movement System/Stances
77%
Setting (Time And/Or Place)
3%
Editor
6%
Inventory System
3%
Adjustable Optic Sights
No votes
Grenade Throwing
No votes
Menu Font
No votes

Total votes: 35

Slerbal

Re: What is your favorite new feature/fix in ARMA 3?

Post by Slerbal »

Terminal Boy wrote:It does look lovely compared to A2 and OA, but the movement system/stances are the big step forward for me as you can actually use cover properly now.

While BIS are getting some stick for A3 not being particularly optimised at the moment, I'm actually finding I'm getting decent frame rates without moving the graphical quality too slider too far from Shiny.
I agree with you. When the flush of giddy joy from the sunlight being the correct colour temperature and lovely cloud simulations fades a bit the possibilities for awesomness of the movement and stances still remains. I guess actually it was less the graphics in general but more the environment. Assaulting Camp Rogain in sun and blue skies feels so different to assaulting at dusk in a storm.

The movement and stances are much improved. I like entering buildings without feeling I have shoulders wider than the door and the tactical aiming options are great. Yesterday I snuck up to a window in a base, popped up, fired and then dropped back down all really smoothly. The fine granularity when peeking round a rock or through a window is great. Combining the new improvements in this area with trackir or maybe the occulus rift is going to be incredible.

I am sure they will fix annoyances like chain fences and window glass often being bullet-proof. There are currently a few too many cases of firing only to realise your bullets are being stopped by inpenetrable but transparent scenery

But I am also liking the new editor improvements. The new modules for populating buildings and areas that got linked to in this thread are a very useful step forward.

m0ntag

Post by m0ntag »

Slerbal wrote:
Terminal Boy wrote:It does look lovely compared to A2 and OA, but the movement system/stances are the big step forward for me as you can actually use cover properly now.

While BIS are getting some stick for A3 not being particularly optimised at the moment, I'm actually finding I'm getting decent frame rates without moving the graphical quality too slider too far from Shiny.
I agree with you. When the flush of giddy joy from the sunlight being the correct colour temperature and lovely cloud simulations fades a bit the possibilities for awesomness of the movement and stances still remains. I guess actually it was less the graphics in general but more the environment. Assaulting Camp Rogain in sun and blue skies feels so different to assaulting at dusk in a storm.

The movement and stances are much improved. I like entering buildings without feeling I have shoulders wider than the door and the tactical aiming options are great. Yesterday I snuck up to a window in a base, popped up, fired and then dropped back down all really smoothly. The fine granularity when peeking round a rock or through a window is great. Combining the new improvements in this area with trackir or maybe the occulus rift is going to be incredible.

I am sure they will fix annoyances like chain fences and window glass often being bullet-proof. There are currently a few too many cases of firing only to realise your bullets are being stopped by inpenetrable but transparent scenery

But I am also liking the new editor improvements. The new modules for populating buildings and areas that got linked to in this thread are a very useful step forward.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm really excited to see what else they've got.
I don't like the term 'Medic'. I prefer 'Fun Enabler' or 'Maximum Fun Ensurance Counselor'. What's more fun than being shot once? Being shot twice.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/m0ntag
whitesymphonia wrote:I know that I can count on m0ntag to save my ass when wounded...

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

While I truthfully do not use the new stances that much, they really are game changers. I wish AI would use them though, now that'd really be interesting.