What is your favorite new feature/fix in ARMA 3?

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3

What do you like most about ARMA 3?

Graphics
11%
Movement System/Stances
77%
Setting (Time And/Or Place)
3%
Editor
6%
Inventory System
3%
Adjustable Optic Sights
No votes
Grenade Throwing
No votes
Menu Font
No votes

Total votes: 35

m0ntag

What is your favorite new feature/fix in ARMA 3?

Post by m0ntag »

Title says it all. What do you like most about ARMA 3?
I don't like the term 'Medic'. I prefer 'Fun Enabler' or 'Maximum Fun Ensurance Counselor'. What's more fun than being shot once? Being shot twice.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/m0ntag
whitesymphonia wrote:I know that I can count on m0ntag to save my ass when wounded...

Wilson

Re: What is your favorite new feature/fix in ARMA 3?

Post by Wilson »

Movement/Stance all the way. Being actually able to sweep a town and fight close quarters is a MAJOR plus for me. It just makes the whole game feel smoother with all the goodness that ArmA has always had.

Stratis is also a big win for me, its HUGE for a second island, imagine what Atlis is going to be like. Amazing!

daf

Post by daf »

I'd normally say the new interface but the new movement system has totally stolen the spotlight in A3 and as such will have to take my vote.

m0ntag

Post by m0ntag »

WOW! :shock:

At the time of this post, 15 votes have been cast for 'Movement'. Every single vote so far. I definitely think it's a major plus in that it makes everything so much smoother when you're not playing as clunky robots and actually can move like humans. Thanks for the responses, guys!
I don't like the term 'Medic'. I prefer 'Fun Enabler' or 'Maximum Fun Ensurance Counselor'. What's more fun than being shot once? Being shot twice.
whitesymphonia wrote:I know that I can count on m0ntag to save my ass when wounded...

tryteyker

Post by tryteyker »

I'm gonna go against the flow and say Editor. The possibilities to properly view Configs and Functions ingame via a single click is a huge plus for me. I barely play ArmA and spend most of my time in the editor anyway so it's nice to get a helping hand. Also, debug console. Love it <3

Slerbal

Post by Slerbal »

Gosh that is a hard one. The truth is I am loving all of it so far. I chose graphics as I spent a lovely hour watching the sunset. It feels liked Arma2 but better. All the things I loved in Arma2 are there (or will be) plus it has been polished, refined and improved without being simplified. I love the sunsets, the oceans, the beaches, the stances, the inventory, the vehicles. I even love the fact that BIS have released this as a paid-for alpha with a proper bug tracker. My only regret is that there are not more vehicles, equipment, weapons and factions...yet.

I was looking forward to this game so much I felt that it was inevitable that I was going to be disappointed, but the truth is I was not disappointed and that has made me such a happy bunny. Though in Arma3 terms I guess that makes me a happy bunny that can open doors...

God I sound like such a fanboy :D

On the negative side: I hope they polish up the AI on the enemies a bit - they are a bit 'aimbot' like at the moment - I watched them track a friend through cover and smoke at night under water and hit with complete accuracy. I like a challenge, but they are bit terminator-like at the moment. It's not a criticism per se, as I am sure they will adjust it over time and if anything it is why I love that we can post issues and vote on the bugs listed in the bug tracker. I spent an engaging couple of hours reading through the various issues.

thekev506

Post by thekev506 »

Having looked at this reddit guide on populating buildings, I'm super excited by the editor, and might even try and make some FA missions in the future if i'm feeling brave...
DEINE WUNDERSCHÖNEN AUGEN HEAD
-Wolfenswan

m0ntag

Post by m0ntag »

thekev506 wrote:Having looked at this reddit guide on populating buildings, I'm super excited by the editor, and might even try and make some FA missions in the future if i'm feeling brave...
Oooooh! :o I didn't know about that trick. Definitely using that in upcoming missions. Yeah, the editor is really aces this time around.

Slerbal

Post by Slerbal »

thekev506 wrote:Having looked at this reddit guide on populating buildings, I'm super excited by the editor, and might even try and make some FA missions in the future if i'm feeling brave...
That is also new to me - thanks!

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

It does look lovely compared to A2 and OA, but the movement system/stances are the big step forward for me as you can actually use cover properly now.

While BIS are getting some stick for A3 not being particularly optimised at the moment, I'm actually finding I'm getting decent frame rates without moving the graphical quality too slider too far from Shiny.