FA_stance, addon for showing your stance on the HUD

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
harakka

FA_stance, addon for showing your stance on the HUD

Post by harakka »

One of the few constant issues FA people (and others too, but we love you) have brought up in Arma 3 is the lack of stance indication on the HUD. Head and I figured we'd help you out, and thus FA_stance was born. It shows you a small indication of your current stance in the bottom right of the screen. The human silhouette shows the main stance, and and an arrow indicates how it's been modified.

When player is in one of the three basic stances, the HUD element fades out, and it's hidden completely when you're in a vehicle or in a cutscene. The HUD element can be positioned in any corner of the screen by editing the included userconfig file.

Latest version: 1.2, released on 17th April 2013. New features: support for the new left and right prone stances, V2 signatures.

Here's the download link for FA_stance. You will also need the Arma 3 version of CBA.
Please read the installing instructions in the included readme.txt file, especially if you're not familiar with installing mods that have an userconfig included!

This picture should give you an idea of what it looks like ingame:

Here's a video of the addon:

There's also a thread at Bohemia forums and on Reddit. Thanks to Folk ARPS comrades for testing and support, and JamesF1 for the UI hiding and main loop code.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Dannysaysnoo

Re: FA_stance, addon for showing your stance on the HUD

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

Niiiiice. Very useful. :D

m0ntag

Post by m0ntag »

Very helpful little tool. Definitely gonna be using that one :D
I don't like the term 'Medic'. I prefer 'Fun Enabler' or 'Maximum Fun Ensurance Counselor'. What's more fun than being shot once? Being shot twice.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/m0ntag
whitesymphonia wrote:I know that I can count on m0ntag to save my ass when wounded...

Terminal Boy

Post by Terminal Boy »

FA leads the way! Good work comrades!

spidestone

Post by spidestone »

Hi I download your Stance addon and I want to thank you because it's very useful !
Will you update it with all the stance positions like the new siting combat stance ? It will be great.

I made an example of the stance (made it from a screenshot I made on ArmA III).

Keep on guys, great work ! ;)
Last edited by spidestone on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harakka

Post by harakka »

We're not currently planning on including all the stances. It would be very challenging to create quickly distinguishable, small (currently about 90x90px max) silhouettes for all 15 poses, the different crouch and crouch+sidestep variations would be particularly hard to tell apart.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

Dannysaysnoo

Post by Dannysaysnoo »

I much prefer the arrow system. It's a lot easier to understand than micro-managed sub-stance pictures.

harakka

Post by harakka »

Version 1.0 is out, you can find all the details in the updated first post.

AlabasterSlim

Post by AlabasterSlim »

This is awesome

harakka

Post by harakka »

Version 1.1 posted, details in the first post. Hopefully this one will stick around for a while!