A3 Beta - Things to come.

Party-approved discussion of ArmA 3
IceRaiser

A3 Beta - Things to come.

Post by IceRaiser »

With the ArmA3 Beta in the pipe and release SOON(tm) we figured that a nice collection of the new features/stuff could be nice.

So, for all of you who are too lazy to Google ( :laugh: ) Ice presents; STUFF AND THINGS!
(Feel free to add anything that's missing, this is far from complete)

BluFor NATO troops, so expect to see mostly US gear but some neat things from both NATO and non-NATO members.
Weapons
M320 LRR - IRL: Cheytac Intervention. Dubbed "The 2km Sniper" (already in Alpha). Hopefully they'll rename it (to it's proper name) M325, since the M320 is an underslung grenade launcher.

Vehicles
HEMTT - IRL Oshkosh Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck. Will be used as the general truck, open and closed transports and (unconfirmed) Repair/Refuel/Ammo.
AMV - IRL: Patria Armored Modular Vehicle. The AMV in the showcase is equipped with a 40mm cannon and has the propellers, so expect it to be amphibious.

Helicopters
UH-60 Ghosthawk - IRL: Based on the drawing of a "Stealth Blackhawk"(used in The Raid on Osama Bin Laden) and part of its tail that got destroyed during the Op.
RAH-88(66?) "Comanche " - IRL: RAH-66 Comanche. Will be equipped with a 20mm cannon and 8 DAGR missiles (same type as on the AH-9).

Independent Greek army, or what's left of it.
Weapons
Mk20 - IRL: F2000
Vehicles
Strider - IRL: LGS Fennek. Indie's answer to OpFor's Ifrit and BluFor's Hunter(MATV), available in three models; Unarmed, HMG, GMG.

Helicopters
Mohawk - Confirmed to be based on the AW101 "Merlin", but other than that it's fictional. It will probable have the same stats/features as the Merlin in ArmA2.

OpFor Iran (maybe a bit of Gloriouz Best Korea? huh? huuuuh?!?)
Weapons
Zafir 7.62mm - IRL: The IWI Negev, a modern take on the MMG.

Vehicles
ARMA - IRL: Otokar ARMA. OpFor's response to BluFor's AMV. Will probably have the 40mm cannon, but maybe we'll get HMG and GMG versions too?

Helicopters
Mi-48 "Kajman" - IRL(?) "Kajman" Will serve as ArmA3's Hind, being able to transport at least a fireteam and provide CAS.

This week's Top Contributor: Dannysaysnoo!

AJAX
Host

Re: A3 Beta - Things to come.

Post by AJAX »

Ooooh my gaaaawd, oh my gawd, oh my gaaawd!!!! I'm sooooo excited!!! :D

EBass

Post by EBass »

I was gonna come here to start just such a thread actually? Do we wanna do an Arma3 Beta night maybe on the 27th? To give us a couple of days to knock together a couple of simple missions.

EBass

Post by EBass »

Anyone? No?

harakka

Post by harakka »

Thanks a ton for posting this Iceraiser. Much appreciated.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

Ebass: feel free to start a thread about it :)
Harakka: Spanks!

I'm out of town this week but I'll update it with some better shots when I get home.
If anyone's feeling bored and wants to do it; I've got a bunch of screens on my Steam profile.
Kthxbye

Medic Eugene Roe

Post by Medic Eugene Roe »

Will this be updated with the final release content on dev branch now, like the Hatchback that must have rockets hidden on there, or the Merkava?

IceRaiser

Post by IceRaiser »

I won't be doing the weapons.
I can, however, give you a nice pic of NATO's ground vehicle-linup (click for larger version)