[xx][OPTIONAL] Mission Maker Teleport

harakka

[xx][OPTIONAL] Mission Maker Teleport

Post by harakka »

Initial assessment: no change
Documentation: no change
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

fer

Re: [OPTIONAL] Mission Maker Teleport

Post by fer »

I am considering whether or not to drop this component, now that we have the Mission Observers component. If the mission-maker fails to disable this component after use, it's possible for every player in a session to suddenly find themselves with magical teleportation powers mid-mission.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

We've had reports of the mission maker teleport being a bit buggy anyway. Maybe consider a rewrite/debug?

kalelovil

Post by kalelovil »

fer wrote:I am considering whether or not to drop this component, now that we have the Mission Observers component. If the mission-maker fails to disable this component after use, it's possible for every player in a session to suddenly find themselves with magical teleportation powers mid-mission.
As a mission maker I find this component an important time-saver, and useful for quick debugging in ways the mission observers component cannot do.

Perhaps it would be possible for it be only active where (isServer == true) by default. That way it could still be used in the editor, but won't be active when published as a .pbo and run on the Folk-ARPS server.

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

We could tie it in with the Debug Mode, maybe even remove the action and just have the player unit teleport on map(double)click straightaway.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

It's supposed to be already tied to the debug mode, iirc? Although that's bugged for sure.
Also, as it was (unless it's been fixed in 2-7-1, there was no OnMapSingleClick "", so once you had activated the action, you would teleport everytime you'd click on the map.
Kale's idea of tying it to the server only sounds good (although it might still be problematic in the case of non-dedicated servers. Remember, we're not the only users of the framework! Still, it's a good new layer of security.).

fer

Re: [xx][OPTIONAL] Mission Maker Teleport

Post by fer »

This is now altered so it must be enabled in the INIT file and Debug Mode must be enabled for the action to be available. A better long-term solution is on the cards, I'm sure.