F2 V+ and you: Need To Know

Travel with the official FA tourism agency
Satire

F2 V+ and you: Need To Know

Post by Satire »

I've heard that V+ is bringing in a new mod pack?
Yes comrade, you heard right. However it is not the only new thing to be revealed, we have F2 V+ to accompany it.

So then, what's this F2 V+ thing?
F2 V+ is a modification of the existing F2 mission making framework, with a few tweaks and changes to cater for the needs of the V+ sessions.

Well what like?
The core of the changes centre around the pre-placed platoons, as well as the inclusion of new equipment from our mod pack. Also included are minor fixes, changed to default gear load-outs and ACRE set on by default.

How do I use it?
It's simple, just download it from here, and use it like a regular version of F2. Here is a link to the GitHub for those interested. If you are a complete beginner, the F3 tutorials on the F3 wiki are almost entirely backwards compatible to F2, and the F2 wiki itself has plenty of information. Or if you prefer human contact, then ask in our Skype perma-chat.

So this is for V+, I assume it needs mods?
Why yes, you're rather astute for a narrative device, aren't you comrade? To use F2 V+ you will need our mod pack. Instructions to get hold of it can be found here.

But I like the old F2! Can I still use that?
Of course you can. The existing framework is the basis for F2 V+ and can still be used, but if you want to use our shiny new factions you'll need to do a lot of grunt work to make them play together. F2 V+ has already done that for you and much much more.

So how so I use this with the new islands?
The instructions for changing the island are found here on the F2 wiki. The map names are as follows:
  • Aliabad - MCN_Aliabad
  • Capraia - IsolaDiCapraia
  • Caribou Frontier - Caribou
  • Clafghan - clafghan
  • MBG Nam - MBG_nam
  • SMD Sahrani - smd_sahrani_A2
Hey, this is horribly broken in xyz ways!
F2 V+ is still under development, and this is only a first release. If you find something wrong please PM comrade Satire here on the forums, through Skype or Steam. He will take the error outside and hit it with sticks until one of the two gives way.

Right, I think I get the basics, but what's different in F2 V+? Like a big list of things?
Well you did ask...
  • Pre-placed platoons of new Russian Naval Infantry (In desert camo), US Army (Woodland camo, 1980's style) and US Marines (Desert camo, 1990's style).
  • New vehicles integrated into the Orbat.
  • Pre-placed units now come in small platoons (No Charlie squad, only MMG, MAT, SAM and Eng attachments) Party because we never use some of these, but also because the editor has a group limit that the new platoons would break. References to the missing groups still exist for those wanting to add them back.
  • New gear loadouts for all factions, including the new factions. Changed to be slightly more accurate to real equipment where applicable.
  • New factions set to use briefings of their "parent" factions (Naval Inf to Russian, US Army and Marines to respective factions)
  • Pre-placed cargo system module, allowing you to ride on top of select soviet vehicles.
  • ACRE and OA backpacks on by default
  • Group markers and ID's for new factions.
  • Units who receive a PRC-117 no longer receive a backpack. This is to stop them clipping into each other and looking like arse.
  • A big list of classnames for the new weapons, along with their relevant ammunition types
New weapon and gear changes:
  • BAF - SMG replaced with iron sighted L85, L110 with aimpoint replaced by L110 with Iron sights, M9 Pistol Replaced with Sig P226 and M240 Replaced with L7 GPMG. Comedy grenades replaced with ones that go boom.
  • CDF - Standard infantry weapons are standardised around the AK-74 family, with Kobra sights and wood furniture.
  • NAPA - Weapons standardised around the AKM series. SMG replaced by Uzi
  • Chedaki - Weapons standardised around the AKM series. SMG replaced by Uzi
  • Russia & Naval Infantry - AK-74M family of weapons with Kobra sights and black synthetic furniture. Bizon has grown a Kobra sight.
  • Takistani Army - Standard infantry weapons are standardised around the AK-74 family, with wood furniture and iron sights.
  • Takistani Militia - Weapons standardised around the AK-47 series. Mac-10 SMG for the hell of it
  • Takistani Guerillas - Weapons standardised around the AK-47 series. Mac-10 SMG for the hell of it
  • UN - Ban Ki Moon has come to town and brought M16A3's with him. For those unfamiliar, these have full auto mode. Riflemen get an Aimpoint and Carbine is now an M4A1 with Eotech. AR is an M249 para.
  • US Army (ACU) - Weapons standardised on Burst fire M4 series.
  • US Army (Vintage) - 70's/80's style. M16A1 with 20 round mags, and M60 in the squads. MAT now has an M47 Dragon. May god help you.
  • USMC (Marpat) - Modernised Marines, M16A4's M4A1 carbines and M27's with C-Mags for AR's.
  • USMC (Vintage) - 90's to early 2000's style, M16A2, M4 and full length M249.
The folk_assignGear_xxx.sqf files of F2 V+ are identical in layout to the existing F2 files, so if you want to use old weapons then you can simply drop them into the folder, or if you want to customise then just use the list of classnames provided in the file.
  • Vehicle changes: Some platoons have had changes made, IFV allocation is now usually vehicles 1 and 2 being lighter vehicles (eg. BTR) and vehicle 3 being a heavier IFV (eg. BMP). Of couse, this can all be changed around and is currently a work in progress.
  • A speadsheet detailing the new vehicles can be found here

Changelog

v1.0 - March 30th, 2014 - Initial Release
v1.1 - April 2nd, 2014 - Work done on RHS cargosystem and USMC orbats
v1.2 - April 10th, 2014 - Gear assign errors fixed, flavour items for USM mod sent to the gulag, RHS cargosytem removed until further notice, unit names fixed for new factions.
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Pr3sario

Re: F2 V+ and you: Need To Know

Post by Pr3sario »

Satire wrote:Why yes, you're rather astute for a narrative device, aren't you comrade?
Lol - oh Satire I do love your dry wit. :)

Thanks for this, I'll certainly be using it. And thanks for all your hard work on bringing this to release for us.
I make videos starring you lot. To see yourself live or die just click here

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Sounds very exciting! Quick question re: ACRE: it requires an older version of Teamspeak, right? I tried to install it a while ago but it didn't work with the up-to-date TS version - but this may have been fixed in the meantime for all I know...
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Satire

Post by Satire »

You need to use an older version of Teamspeak, as detailed in this thread and that should get you going fine. For those with existing ACRE set-ups, you can use the same ones as we're not changing anything in that regard

Satire

Post by Satire »

Added a changelog to the original post, so you can see which version of the fork is in use.

Also an announcement!

Please do not use the 3rd party weapons added in the modpack with AI!

There is currently a bug that prevents them from making firing sounds, which as you can imagine is somewhat irritating!

Satire

Post by Satire »

Added a link to a spreadsheet detailing the new vehicles for mission makers, it can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

dancemoox

Post by dancemoox »

Time for an update from the V+ science labs :science101:

We're right now hard at work updating F2 V+ to V1.3 fixing some bugs and adding in some new things. We'll let you know when the new version is good to use but for now I'm happy to tease you with some of the changes so far :science101:
  • Woodland US Army (USM), Desert USMC (USMC USM) and Russian Naval Infantry (NI) have had unit names updated and some minor errors corrected.
  • Carbines removed from car gear assign.
  • Transport Helicopters now have a gear assign (for now the same as car).
  • Attack Helicopters have had cargo cleared.
  • Mortar gunner now only issued with 148 not 117f.
  • Pilots and vehicle crew (leaders only) issued with 148. 117f removed, crews should now use vehicle rack radios for long range communications.
  • Ridgeback, FV432 variants and Foxhounds added to BAF gear assign.
  • Extra radios for vehicle cargo disabled in ACRE gear assign, no more radio poop.
  • Pre placed PMC faction with all associated briefings, gear assigns etc.
We'll maybe have a few more things but for now that's what we've got, now stand back its time for more :science101:
ramming speed!