Monthly Highlights

Travel with the official FA tourism agency
Crocuta

Monthly Highlights

Post by Crocuta »

I tried making a Year In Review type thing around New Year for the main sessions but completely burnt out sifting through almost a year of footage. A month is manageable - and since V+ with ACRE is super fun I thought it would be worth making a monthly video (not in YIR style) with some of the best bits, long and short.

There are three reasons to make videos like this: 1) I want to be nostalgic about how I died. 2) You want to be nostalgic about how you died. 3) Other people who haven't played with us can get a clearer picture of how they could possibly die with us. If there's any way to do these things better then let me know. :science101: Feel free to add your own videos, etc, here (mostly because after editing I'm completely sick of my own voice.)

I cheated and included the 28th of February session because it was thoroughly awesome. The afterparty crossed over into March so it's technically legit. There were fun missions which didn't make the cut because they weren't as fun to watch as they were to play.

Playlist:
00:03 - Main Focus - 28 Feb
11:20 - Hamlet Hunt - 28 Mar
13:55 - Random Engagements - 28 Feb
14:33 - Hail Mary - 28 Feb
20:09 - Bolshevik Raid - 21 Mar
20:50 - Defend Celle - 28 Feb
25:09 - Clear Skies - 7 Mar
26:43 - Hamlet Hunt - 21 Mar
30:23 - Outpost Bean - 28 Feb
30:43 - UNknown - 7 Mar
34:23 - Raid on Corazol - 21 Mar

Thirith

Re: Monthly Highlights

Post by Thirith »

Great video - makes me wish I'd been there to get killed alongside your guys!
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Thirith wrote:Great video - makes me wish I'd been there to get killed alongside your guys!
I completely agree. :v:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

So, here's April. I think I could have made it leaner, even though nothing from the 19th made it in. May has five Saturdays so let's see how that goes.

Playlist:
00:03 - Tundra Tussle - 5 Apr
01:18 - Junction City - 12 Apr
05:04 - Reforger - 26 Apr
08:53 - Swamp Thing - 5 Apr
11:08 - Cache & Carry - 12 Apr
15:42 - Box of Chocolates - 5 Apr
19:08 - South of the River - 12 Apr
25:45 - Regicide - 5 Apr

Thirith

Post by Thirith »

Good stuff, as always! Thanks for posting it. The Vietnam sessions all look completely crazy, though; I already find it difficult enough to spot the enemy in regular games, so on Vietnam maps I'd probably not even see them until they're sticking me with their bayonets.
"Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS." - Grim Fandango

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I agree with Thirith, another great video.. keep up the good work!

Man.. those Vietnam maps look so tense, but my personal favorite is at 14:40 :psypop:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I don't think we've had many games on the Vietnam map where half of us made it more than a few hundred metres from spawn.

I will also try and spend more time dead to get the good spectator footage. :suicide:

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

It took a while, but here's May. I uploaded it a few days ago, and it slipped my mind that including Satire and Dogface on a boat, blasting out Jimi Hendrix while shouting "fuck the jungle" wouldn't be a good idea and it ended up getting a country restriction. I had to chop off the end and reupload to avoid that, so it kind of ends abruptly. There was also more footage I wanted to put in but it was already just over 45 minutes long.

Playlist:
00:03 - Cache and Carry - 17 May
05:44 - Horse - 24 May
06:06 - Reforger - 17 May
11:46 - Crash Site - 10 May
12:15 - River Escape - 31 May
18:10 - Cholo - 31 May
19:00 - Reforger 2 - 3 May
25:12 - Foxhounds - 3 May
26:45 - Tundra Tussle - 3 May
34:45 - Swamp Thing - 31 May
36:43 - Op Rainbow - 10 May -- (mostly just Miro, Pr3sario, Dabbo, and I cruising around and ploughing through compound walls)

Satire

Post by Satire »

Crocuta wrote:I uploaded it a few days ago, and it slipped my mind that including Satire and Dogface on a boat, blasting out Jimi Hendrix while shouting "fuck the jungle" wouldn't be a good idea and it ended up getting a country restriction.
What country would block that? The Republic of Fucking Boring?

(Reup that bit plz)

Seriously though, great video, the Cache and Carry stuff is excellent, all that death from 1 SPG! :lol:
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.

Crocuta

Post by Crocuta »

Here's what would have been the end. I don't know which countries it's been restricted in.