fa3_c53_into_the_fire

Help make Party-approved missions harder
on_certainty

fa3_c53_into_the_fire

Post by on_certainty »

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/128 ... .Altis.pbo

Type: Cooperative, up to 53 (minimum recommended: 29)

Description: Ill-equipped FIA squad and a downed NATO pilot dig in at Molos and hold on for dear life. NATO squads attempt extraction via helicopters. This mission features the new Huron helicopter, so the NATO pilot(s) (up to 2) will need the Helicopters DLC.

Known Issues:
  • (Minor) Need to remove "TH1" etc. descriptions from slotting now that helicopters spawn unloaded
  • (Minor) Need to reorganize slotting so NATO attachment teams are below NATO units and above FIA slots
Updated: 22 November 2014

Version 3
  • Minefields now use minefield module and spawn mines randomly, rather than using pre-placed mines
  • Fixed locality issue with spawning of enemy smoke screen
  • Fixed locality issue with downed pilot spawning multiple parachutes
  • Fixed issue with endings triggering twice
  • Rescue helicopters (Hurons) should no longer spawn unless a pilot slots in for the respective helo
  • Downed pilot slot moved to bottom of slotting screen for visibility
  • Reduced number of mortars for performance, improved randomness and sequencing
  • NATO forces/helicopters now spawn unloaded on the ground to reduce risk of catastrophic failure at the beginning of the mission
  • Updated scripts to latest F3 RC
Version 2
  • Removed insert/extract markers unintentionally left at airport
  • Replaced Zorilya's garrison script with ws_fnc_taskDefend
  • Increased difficulty fun
  • Fixed loadout script error

on_certainty

Re: fa3_c53_into_the_fire

Post by on_certainty »

Originally, the briefing included a pre-marked LZ. However, I thought 'why tell them what to do?' and removed it.

Today, I purposely did not recommend against the deathwish LZ to see how fluidly we could respond... and got my answer.

Thinking of adding a few recommended safe LZs. Thoughts? Also, looking forward to seeing that video of the 'landing.'

fer

Post by fer »

A bit of guidance on possible LZ areas wouldn't go amiss. An alternative might be to provide a NATO scout helo that overfly the AO and make that selection - but the destruction of which would not count towards a NATO failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Being terrorized by a vehicle was fun (as FIA) but might be an issue for the helicopter (though they are durable enough to take some shells). I don't know if FIA should get AT or the AAF vehicles should be replaced with something more lightweight such as Striders.

on_certainty

Post by on_certainty »

Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to another test run sometime before tweaking anything.

On that note, if the host does want to run it tomorrow, I would appreciate it if we did not do it as the first mission (I will be running a little late tomorrow).

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

Ran with this on sunday, here are some thoughts.

1. If the CO doesn't peek potential LZs before going in for landing then thats a player problem, not a design problem. Having an asset to perform recon with for such purpose helps though. (Maybe a high-flying drone for situational awareness?)

2. Was a hoot for the rescue team, i'm a bit uncertain as to how it felt for FIA forces though, as they essentially just ducked down and stayed there for 10+ minutes.

3. If you give the enemy helicopters give us a way to shoot them down. Those choppers are goddamn tanks and pretty impervious to small arms fire. A short rework of the loadout for rescuefor could perhaps give AA assets to what is usually A3/B3 AT Rifleman.

Thats off the top of my head. Had real good fun playing it.

on_certainty

Post by on_certainty »

Apologize for the broken spectator script we discovered last session... seems this was caused when I updated the scripts to last release candidate. I will fix this if I have some time this weekend.