fa3_c46_WakeUpService

Help make Party-approved missions harder
wolfenswan

fa3_c46_WakeUpService

Post by wolfenswan »

This mission is based on one of the first mission I made for ARMA3: Morning Sortie. The newest iteration had the AO drastically reduced (to Galati and the mountain top) only.

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_c46_WakeUpService

Post by wolfenswan »

Observations after run on 13/04/2015:
  • Very smooth sailing
  • Reinforcements got absolutely annihilated. Should the approach for Juliet be tougher or the convoy move earlier?
  • Galati was cleared very quickly. Could use some more AI probably.
  • Scope on the MMG (Navid) makes it way too powerful.
  • The mountaintop as final objective feels a bit lame. It's too open and doesn't really tie the mission together. Maybe Abdera should be used instead? Or defending Galati from a counter attack?

Eagle_Eye

Re: fa3_c46_WakeUpService

Post by Eagle_Eye »

I agree with all that you said there.

1) I love the idea of having multiple squads do multiple things, so that everyone isnt grouped up together and getting in each others way. With that said, the objectives this time were a bit easy (for example the mountain was taken before bravo could even reach it)

2) Maybe some armored targets in the convoy? (I seem to remember that there was only trucks/technicals when I played last). Maybe some stolen NATO IFVs or something? Or have CSAT allied with the FIA, and it is their reinforcements that are arriving.

3) It seemed that Galati was declared clear when there was still some AI hanging about. Dont know if this was intentional (that it triggers at 25% left for example) or just a bug.

4) if you want to neft the MMG team, might be worth the MRAP too. We could basically sit around and destroy technicals way before they even saw us. Maybe more enemy AT? or some air reinforcements to threathen the MRAP?

5) Could be cool to have Alpha and Bravo meet up with Juliet after Galati is cleared and since the convoy was destroyed tell them to root out the last defences in Abdera?