fa3_a71_halfway2a3way_v1

Help make Party-approved missions harder
audiox
Host

fa3_a71_halfway2a3way_v1

Post by audiox »

This has been played now. How did it work? Comments very welcome!

dancemoox

Re: fa3_a71_halfway2a3way_v1

Post by dancemoox »

The Officer could do with looking a little more distinct from the other AAF forces, so he stands out a little more. Officer uniform and a beret would be a good start I thing :)
ramming speed!

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I agree with Dance, in the heat of the battle it is easy to miss him.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Lord Penney

Post by Lord Penney »

For reference, I was the AAF officer for the first play of this mission.

No one actually found me (as in, even set foot in the same building as I) until about 20 minutes in where I, under Wolfenswan's instructions, left my original building and started to run around. Admittedly, I didn't get to see a lot of the mission as I was hiding for most of it; however whilst I was making my way to my quiet corner, I got the impression that there a few too many AAF forces. I think that reducing the number of AAF to a token defence force would keep the focus on extracting the VIP (rather than clearing buildings) whilst still ensuring that the first team to arrive are slowed down.

Also (I think this is an ARMA issue rather than the mission's fault), I did try and lure my would-be captors with a siren's song; however, they were unable to hear me until I joined group! Perhaps this is the source of the issue?

Satire

Post by Satire »

First off, My PoV was a Blufor Rifle grunt in Homercleese's FT.

To quickly echo Penney's comments, the VON function seemed to be pretty much useless. Unless he decided my good 2 mins worth of yelling "Penney! Join my group! We're here to save you from the bad men" were tactically ignored.

An AI with a similar AddAction script to what we had in BlackFolk Down would work well enough, plus it allows an extra player to enjoy the firefight. Since we don't use ACRE/TFR, it might be better leaving the role to a non-player one.

Other than that, I like it. Contact comes quick and the action is on-the-fly, which is just how I like it in an adversarial. :)
Mr-Link wrote: 7) SATIRE OP plz NERF.