fa3_c53_a_box_in_a_box

Help make Party-approved missions harder
audiox
Host

fa3_c53_a_box_in_a_box

Post by audiox »

After the flawless victories in I Am A Bush i decided to go the other way with this one....

Tigershark

Re: fa3_c53_a_box_in_a_box

Post by Tigershark »

This wasn't bad. It suffered from a poor plan over the weekend so it's difficult to comment on it so far.

It seemed like fun.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

This was fun last night although the convoy seems to stop outside the town which makes ambushing it from within the town... less effective.

Though probably more survivable.

Is that meant to happen or is it a side effect of the fighting to clear the town at the start?
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Observations from yesterday (19/04)
  • Using E&E check (F3 component) should help prevent the premature ending we saw yesterday
  • Mixing tracked & wheeled vehicles makes for awkward convoys, though you could reduce their default speed to compensate.
  • Not sure what triggers CSAT but a longer delay might be appropriate
Otherwise this was fun, always good to see people taught proper road crossing manners :dance:

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

wolf : yeah, its classic audio hillbilly design, so you know what you get! ;)

- The ending trigger is simple "side present" stuff.

- The convoy is capped @25, so that is implemented, its still somewhat wonky and some vehicles are more prone to overtake than others.

- Maybe. As is i really want people to panic a bit and go from "we've totally got this convoy, extract will be sweet" to "oh my god we're all gonna die and the AA shot at the wrong chopper we should get out of here but we can't because the angry chopper will kill us if we get into the vehicles" pretty quickly. I might mix up the trigger a little bit though, just a little....

What i probably will do though is have the CSAT AI encircle the town and stay put instead of having them move into the city proper. That way you have a chance to hunker down a bit and make a break for it instead of the immediate mad dash outta there. Wait, this is FA..... :lol:

Also, the convoy actually made it into the city on sunday! Wooooooo! :dance:

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

The ending trigger is simple "side present" stuff.
Enabling E&E works like cascap, you don't even need to check for the convoy being killed if we'll assume that players dont cheese the mission by simply heading straight to the evac point, ignoring the objectives :D

Not getting a proper ending was quite a let-down on sunday so I'd encourage the change to E&E or simply removing the trigger and letting host call it.