c32_rebelalliance_parts1-7

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Eagle_Eye

c32_rebelalliance_parts1-7

Post by Eagle_Eye »

A new series of missions designed to be fast and furious, and possibly provide a platform for breaking in newer co's and sl's

Eagle_Eye

Re: c32_rebelalliance_parts1-6

Post by Eagle_Eye »

We have currently played 5 of the six current parts. Feel free to suggest changes/balance ideas or just general suggestions for further installments!

audiox
Host

Post by audiox »

They seem to be very right-sized for our current playercounts. Of those i have played the only one that needs tweaks is the one with the convoy ambush, but you might already have fixed that.

Overall very enjoyable, and i like how you theme them together.

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

rebel alliance 6

The hmg striders in the squads are a bit fiddly to use. Not only do they mean a fireteam is split across two vehicles at the start, if you want to use it after dismount, it means detaching infantry from a fireteam to do so, which functionally renders it a separate manouver element within the squad. I would suggest either scrapping them or separating them out from the squads and giving them a dedicated crew, so they function as a vehicle attachment. That way, they can be used as fire support or recon assistance without trying to insert thm into an infantry squad, which doesn't really work. MSR Delfinaki provides a really good example of this.

Other than that they are all :dance:

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

I agree with everything Peasant said :zoidberg:
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Thanks for the feedback on this.

Part 6 was sort of an experiment. My eternal struggle with the motorised platoon. I originally started with HMGs for all. And then right as I thought I had cracked it (4 man A1 in HMG with ASL/A2/A3 in a truck), we went and switched to 6 man teams. D'oh. Unfortunately this seems to put a bit too much stress on the fireteams.

An easy fix in my view is to merge the MMG team into a Strider crew. I like to keep the numbers constant at 32, so what I might do is make a 3 man strider crew, and leave CO by himself in his own car or with Alpha in the truck. He doesnt really need a CO medic so it shouldnt mess things up too much.

I still dream of a day when "Generation Kill - The Mission" will be a reality, but until then, the attachment MRAP is a neccessary comprimise.

Kefirz

Re: c32_rebelalliance_parts1-7

Post by Kefirz »

Ah, that perfect Generation Kill mission...
Well dream on good buddy, dream on. It would be closer to Gen. Kill if we rode into pickup trucks and went through Kavala (or other city) while being ambushed. Or heck, even the good old bridge or airfield assault :D
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I really don't get the Gen.Kill appeal to be honest, but I suppose if you want to be driving along in all that dust being shot at instead of flying dustoffs out of hot LZs, well hey, someone's got to do the boring stuff :P
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

boberro

Post by boberro »

Don't worry, it's confirmed that ARMA5 will have shooting from every position in every vehicle, so gen.kill missions will be possible quite soon.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I look forward to the kick-the-windscreen-out-and-shoot-pistol-from-the-driver-seat button. And the new Arma 5 keyboards look sweet...

guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse