fa3_a78_MSR_Delfinaki/Panochori/Pyrgos

Help make Party-approved missions harder
Ferrard Carson

fa3_a78_MSR_Delfinaki/Panochori/Pyrgos

Post by Ferrard Carson »

A beautiful, tense run of this adversarial mission that saw an awesome flank by Mamuto and crew, but an ultimate draw - AAF was deprived of their fuel truck, but FIA was deprived of their lives

:commissar: :commissar: :commissar:

Feedback appreciated!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Sparks

Re: fa3_a78_MSR_Delfinaki

Post by Sparks »

That was so not a draw :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Well it was a draw, but it just needs to be more clear-er that there are two objectives not just one, because I thought it was the fuel truck and nothing else and quite a few people thought it also.
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Kefirz wrote:Well it was a draw, but it just needs to be more clear-er that there are two objectives not just one, because I thought it was the fuel truck and nothing else and quite a few people thought it also.
It's been clarified:

AAF win / FIA loss if:
- Fuel truck is at destination
OR
- FIA is dead AND
- Truck is alive

Draw if:
- FIA is dead AND
- Truck is dead

FIA win / AAF loss if:
- AAF is dead AND
- Truck is dead

Aside from that, here's the rest of the changelog:
  • Tweaked AO indicator to not look so expansive
  • Indicated non-standard FIA MAT loadouts on the slotting screen (they've got RPG-32s instead of NLAWs)
  • Added music
  • Ported mission to MSR Panochori and MSR Pyrgos
~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

boberro

Re: fa3_a78_MSR_Delfinaki/Panochori/Pyrgos

Post by boberro »

TBF large AO is a good thing, even if slowing things down. While technical was in a back, I was really worried that AAF will send most of the forces around us, and hit from the back.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Also, that HMG Strider's range kindof overpowers FIA if you don't have a large AO to hide in or flank around at a remove from the MSR. If we'd had a narrow AO the first time we ran this, mamuto's epic flank would have been out-of-bounds and he'd have been swiss cheese'd by the strider.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

From the response, you'd think I had said, "Reduced size of AO to postage stamp."

Pull it up on the server and take a look. I shaved off some of the length and maybe a smidge of the width. The actual fight-y bits are still just as large, but the indicator is more appropriate to the actual fight-y bits.

Sheesh.

~ Ferrard

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ferrard Carson wrote:From the response, you'd think I had said, "Reduced size of AO to postage stamp."
I thought you'd said "I'll teach those cowardly custards to try to evade my wrath!", but that might have been my headphones...

Vigil

Post by Vigil »

As far as I remember, the FIA MAT people were still alive when the mission ended, after they'd blown up both the strider and the truck... so how come it was a draw?

Kefirz

Post by Kefirz »

Vigil wrote:As far as I remember, the FIA MAT people were still alive when the mission ended, after they'd blown up both the strider and the truck... so how come it was a draw?
Hmm? If you are reading the comments on top, then they are old and from a different run of the mission. In the latest run (05/01/15) FIA got a total victory.

P.S This is more like a suggestion box for a specific mission. If you want to discuss things that happened in the session, the After Action Report is here: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1984
''I am not going against tanks'' - Tryteyker, MAT gunner.
''Downboated so much, it's an u-boat now.'' - Boberro.
''Sorry, I meant hon hon hon baguette baguette Eiffel Tower'' - Mabbott