fa3_c54_posts

Help make Party-approved missions harder
fer

fa3_c54_posts

Post by fer »

Premise: A FIA infantry platoon attacks AAF roadside security posts.

From the perspective of how I imagined this when I wrote it, and the mission played out, this went pretty much perfectly tonight. However, comrade CO Ferrard Carson did say later that it doesn't leave a lot of room for creativity (which I think is probably very fair). I'm tempted to put a RPGs in crates at the command post. What do comrades think?

Sparks

Re: fa3_c54_posts

Post by Sparks »

This. More of this. It was a blast.

And while I like the EMR, it might be an idea to have M14s as an option if we're meant to be appallingly poorly equipped guerillas.

And granted, there's not a lot of room for being creative, but I thought that was more a function of the terrain than the toys. There was at least one other way to do it that I had in mind when reading the map at first, so there's *some* wiggle room.
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

AmishStrikeForce

Post by AmishStrikeForce »

Been meaning to post feedback for this and "Anvil" for a while now. I have only played the first iteration of this, so I can't speak to the alterations you made later. From a command level perspective, I can see where one would say there's a limit on strategic creativity. That said, I don't think there necessarily needs to be a great deal of strategic leeway for the CO on every mission. In some missions, the fun derives from having various challenges and overcoming them at the tactical (Fire Team/Squad) level. Posts is an example of this. In terms of feedback, it was pretty solid from the get-go. The only nitpick I can think of would be at the end when we were struggling to take down the armor that had rolled in. For whatever reason (can't remember if it was a player or mission issue though), we had nothing that could take out the vics. I think someone finally found a rocket by running back to an earlier post to retrieve it. If that's a possibility, then I would say we should have paid a heavy toll for our mistake. Consider making the tank aggressive as hell. ;)

Good job. I had fun!
Also known as Spanks Masterson

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Also, it ought to be noted, there's a limit to strategic creativity if the CO is perfectly competent.
If the CO is drunk and off his head on shrooms (I'm not looking at anyone Tiger, calm down), then there's huge scope for creativity. Granted, we'll all die gloriously, but feck, most of the funnest (yes, it's a word, I said so) moments from the past year have been those moments when a fireteam turns a corner and comes face to face with two pissed-off T-100 tanks and an MG team :D

Ain't no shame in there being one clearly optimal strategy to a mission. We're not playing chess here, the tactics and individual skillsets of the pawns Comrades matter too.
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse