fa3_c58_maximum_impact

Help make Party-approved missions harder
darkChozo
Host

fa3_c58_maximum_impact

Post by darkChozo »

The AAF are trying to take Camp Maxwell when they run into 240-ish tripmines. Part 2 in a series.

Probably should have slotted an IFV for this one, but I enjoyed getting horrifically murdered anyway. I'm gonna change the AA objective that we didn't get to, but other than that I think this one's good. Feedback welcomed.

-----------------------------------------------
Version History
v1
Initial Release

Peasant

Re: fa3_c58_maximum_impact

Post by Peasant »

It was definitely a change in pace, and it's a nice bit of stratis to fight on. Having to push through a minefield is stretches the command muscles.

It was very difficult to command with just one engineer though, as it meant only one path could be cut through the mines, which is what caused us to all get stuck on the hill.

Can you make it clearer that lots of engineers will be necessary for this mission. (Minimum one per squad). Other than that, very good.

darkChozo
Host

Re: fa3_c58_maximum_impact

Post by darkChozo »

The theory is that you don't really need engineers to get past the mines. While there are quite a few of them, they're not densely packed, and the nice thing about tripmines is that you almost always get a chance to spot them before you can trigger them. Basically, it's not a minefield so much as a bunch of boobytraps.

I mean, you might be right, and there are slottable engineers in there for a reason, but I'd like to see how this plays with, like, another squad and/or some IFVs. I feel like the mines would be less of a problem if we were less overwhelmed with getting shot at.