fa3_c53_die_another_day

Help make Party-approved missions harder
SuicideKing
Host

fa3_c53_die_another_day

Post by SuicideKing »

My attempt rescue and logistics mission. Design discussion here.

Something borked the repair process, other than that, how did it go?

(There was an issue where a JIP player's AI regained its voice).

Did DC group and ifrits have NVGs? Shouldn't have had.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

wolfenswan

Re: fa3_c53_die_another_day

Post by wolfenswan »

A few observations (from CSAT perspective):
  • The mission description (in slotting screen) needs to offer instructions on how to slot.
  • I think using one CSAT platoon (ASL/A1/A2) is preferable to the current option as the ifrits are not really vehicles for a mechanized platoon. The Ifrit commanders can safely be removed (given the mission's already high player requirement)
  • Option: Replace Ifrits with Marids using only HMGs. Then you could stick with the FA Mechanized Orbat.
  • FIA at night doesn't see shit as they don't have NVGs. I think the patrols around the AO can mostly be removed and replaced by a few holding groups/garrisons.
  • Briefing didn't mention NATO with vehicles were an option.
  • NATO should have NVGs, they suffered from the same issues as FIA which made their counterattack (LAV aside) fairly non-threatening.
  • NATO little bird CAS didn't work.
  • The mission became rather disjunct after AAF was picked up and we were on retreat. I'm not sure if anything can be done about that or if that's down to CO/SL.

SuicideKing
Host

Re: fa3_c53_die_another_day

Post by SuicideKing »

The mission description (in slotting screen) needs to offer instructions on how to slot.
Yeah, I witnessed the confusion, shall be done.
I think using one CSAT platoon (ASL/A1/A2) is preferable to the current option as the ifrits are not really vehicles for a mechanized platoon. The Ifrit commanders can safely be removed (given the mission's already high player requirement)
But it's not a mechanized platoon? CSAT is more airborne with a motor support convoy. Also Marids would be too OP. Will remove the commanders - I didn't expect anyone to slot them except as a last resort.
FIA at night doesn't see shit as they don't have NVGs. I think the patrols around the AO can mostly be removed and replaced by a few holding groups/garrisons.
This is required, since AAF don't have NVGs either. If we're careless/use flashlights, they'll shoot AAF to bits. I also think this is a case of ASR AI interfering, as with vanilla AI AAF can get shot fairly quickly (admittedly, the AAF AI is stupid and exposes itself).

I would agree that maybe some FIA on the opposing mountain side could be removed, but I loved how we in AAF were going "OMG WE'RE SURROUNDED!" when flashlights were everywhere. I was reluctant to include garrisons in the town (beyond a static overlooking one street) because of the possible difficulty it would induce for AAF.
Briefing didn't mention NATO with vehicles were an option.
Wasn't supposed to - no one was to know about what kind of reinforcements, just that they'd be there - as mentioned in the briefing. The point of including NATO was more to get people to move on and get out of the AO. They have a timer to appear between 30 and 60 mins.
NATO should have NVGs, they suffered from the same issues as FIA which made their counterattack (LAV aside) fairly non-threatening.
Agreed, will give them NVGs. There's a NATO spec ops team too, already in the town. Probably shouldn't give them NVGs, they already have suppressors, and AAF will die certain deaths.
NATO little bird CAS didn't work.
I saw, no clue how to make it work. Gave it a seek and destroy...I think CAS is broken in general, even with vanilla AI.
The mission became rather disjunct after AAF was picked up and we were on retreat. I'm not sure if anything can be done about that or if that's down to CO/SL.
Was also down to the CSAT CO, the medical truck was supposed to be used for the extract, but it didn't get used till the IFV rolled in, and more by AAF's initiative.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com