[Tue] 04 Aug 2015 (The hills have guns)

How we died (in the future)
Pickers

[Tue] 04 Aug 2015 (The hills have guns)

Post by Pickers »

Thanks to the 27 comrades that joined us tonight.

Missions played:
  • Trail
  • MSR Panochori
  • Rebel Alliance Part 4
  • Frinifracas
Any feedback, pictures, videos and tales of glorious combat is greatly appreciated.

zitron

Re: [Tue] 04 Aug (The hills have guns)

Post by zitron »

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

I was the nudist of the day. The one mission I showed up for, I spawned without any clothes or a vest, but didn't realize it until the middle of combat because I at least had a loaded rifle. :roll: It was a funny moment when I realized I had nothing.

The lack of chest armor also probably contributed to my instantaneous death.
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

That tanker run was really lucky. I think Strazyplus (ASL/CO) was a bit confused at the start as to which truck was the one to be protected, and I was left without orders. So I just hung around near the solar plant. Then I heard a mass exodus from the TS channel, with ASL being the only one still there. He didn't know he had to jump to limbo I guess, and I assumed that he was bleeding out but not dead.

Anyway, I made the suicide run, hoping that BLUFOR would be distracted enough to be taken by surprise. I don't know how surprised they were, but I had a tremendous amount of fire on me. The truck seems fairly resilient to small arms fire (heck, Mamuto had to fire sustained rounds of .50 cal at it before it exploded in MSR Delfinaki, last time), so the FUEL damage indicator went yellow but no critical damage.

I got shot and was bleeding out, but I think there's a bug that lets you continue driving/gunning if you're in a vehicle, so after a few seconds I realised I hadn't died, and continued driving to safety. :clint:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Y'know... that truck explodes with half-a-mag of 9mm SMG ammo if you shoot it in the right place. The secret to your truck's survival is in all those tracers flying everywhere around you...

Seems we need to work on Party Marksmanship :jihad:

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ferrard Carson wrote:Seems we need to work on Party Marksmanship :jihad:
Step one: Change _scope1 in F3/f/assignGear from optic_ACO to optic_Holosight
Step two: Profit.

Seriously. Look at this ridiculous reticle. Is your PoA the dot or the caret? Everyone I've asked gives me a different answer. And if you're trying to snapshot, that's the exact opposite of what you need.

Meanwhile...

(Oh, and Step 1.5? Beat FTLs until they STOP SHOOTING and START RANGING FOR THEIR ARs if the contact is further than 100m away :D )
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Psh - FIA gets red-dots in F3! I don't know what you're complaining about :dance:

Besides, have you checked what the vital supplies are that we're fighting over in Squirrels?

Vital, I tell you!

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ferrard Carson wrote:Psh - FIA gets red-dots in F3! I don't know what you're complaining about :dance:
A dot, okay. I've used those, I prefer irons but when you get older and your eyes start to go, okay, I can see it being of use. (Or, you know, maybe in IRL soldiering where you don't want to be focussing on your sights).

A dot and a ring (the ACO red) - meh, you're just cluttering it a bit and not really adding value the way the Holo's reticle does, but in a pinch, okay.

A caret, well, the ACOG's not my favorite, but again, in a pinch, okay.

A dot and a caret with different PoAs? What the I can't even.
Besides, have you checked what the vital supplies are that we're fighting over in Squirrels?
Vital, I tell you!
I noticed.
mutter mutter could put strychnine in the guacamole mutter mutter

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

It's the dot from what I know (at least, that's how I use it). The only sensible sight is the RCO anyway (apart from iron-sights, which I've started using almost exclusively).
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

SuicideKing wrote:It's the dot from what I know (at least, that's how I use it). The only sensible sight is the RCO anyway (apart from iron-sights, which I've started using almost exclusively).
Did you not read Comrade Tigershark's guide to the holosight yet?