[Sun] 24 Sept (From The Archives)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Sun] 24 Sept (From The Archives)

Post by audiox »

Tired now, but it was great fun, and 25-ish comrades both new, old and inbetween showed up and had some hopefully entertaining moments over the course of the evening.

We played :
  • Food Drive
  • MOUT Rushmore
  • MSR Pyrgos
  • Totaled
  • The Basilisk
  • Tanoa Pirate Party
  • From Russia With Love 2
As always, comments are most welcome below. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

Check out the replays here. The Party sees everything, comrade. :cop: http://server.folkarps.com/r3/

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

NikkoJT
Host

Re: [Sun] 24 Sept (From The Archives)

Post by NikkoJT »

Food Drive (IFV CO)

The IFV bravely advanced to its objective, bravely defeated several enemy vehicles, then bravely ate an RPG and died.
Inspired by our glorious sacrifice, Netkev retreated. Costno was undeterred and led a heroic charge, which resulted in a heroic 100% casualty rate.

Lesson: if there are heavy weapons covering every approach route, you're gonna have a bad time.

MOUT Rushmore (B1 RAT)

With the assistance of our lovely wonderful MBT, we cleared out Kavala. Highlights included a carefully placed bunker-shaped military clown car, which produced an unending stream of very angry NATOs (who were all armed with TRG-21s for some reason).
The tank attempted to run over Pooter, who passed it on by attempting to kill me with a frag.

Lesson: bringing an MBT to an infantry fight is a great way to have a good time.

MSR Pyrgos (FIA A1 RAT)

Our objective was to stop a fuel truck, which we had been told would drive along the road. It didn't, but we stopped it anyway.
My job was to shoot the enemy MRAP with an RPG. I missed and it killed me. Luckily, everyone else was less shit and eventually the rampaging beast was halted.
The last surviving enemy was revived by Netkev. Rest in peace, Netkev.

Lesson: allowing someone who wants you dead to use their gun will probably lead to bad times.

Totaled (ASL)

As ASL, I was responsible for the command of two fireteams, two technicals, and a fake MMG team. And a spare medic.
TECH1 disappeared into the wilderness and returned two weeks later as a Strider HMG.
TECH2 showed off their defensive driving skills but were eventually brought down by enemy aircraft.
Alpha and the Fake MMG blobbed their way up a hill, discovered their explosives didn't work, and were promptly attacked by Main Battle Tanks.
The mission was a complete success.

Lesson: if the vital explosives you need to blow up the enemy cars are broken, you're gonna have a bad time.

The Basilisk (A1 AR)

This was a mission I made! It was good.
We completed the objective without actually entering the objective area, which was nice. As were the horrified reactions of my victi--er, players as they experienced this lovely wonderful mission.

Lesson: playing NikkoJT missions is a good time.

Tanoa Pirate Party (Syndikat A1 AR)

Armed with some very nice guns (LIM-85 yes please), we adventured through the Tanoan jungle, shot some mans, and got shot.
GeEom rescued our Fake MMG Team from certain death, and for his sins was immediately executed by GP fire.
My death came soon afterwards, when I approached a building to discover that it contained a lurking Shado. My panicked LMG spray did not help.
Advancing into the enemy compound, we discovered that two buildings had merged into one ungodly creation. Nevertheless, we did a thing to a laptop or something and won.

Lesson: machine guns that can fire really fast and really slow are the best if you wanna have a good time.

From Russia With Love 2 (GRU Operative)

Under constant attack from ZEUS-sent artillery, me and FlyingHat wandered the streets of Georgetown. At one point, we had good frame rates - it didn't last.
We happened upon a NATO patrol, apparently killed by...something. We paid our respects, then stole their guns, body armour, missile launchers, and wallets.
Having made our way to the top of a building, we marked our position with smoke for extraction. The evac bird flew in and lit us up with HE cannonfire. Flying didn't make it.
Luckily, a mysterious figure emerged from a nearby skylight and saved me. It was a NATO named Kirby. I will never forget. #kirby2035
With only 14 frames per second to spare, I met up with the last two survivors of the Spetznaz rescue team and failed to join their group. As a result, I was tragically left behind by the evac VTOL, and then magically teleported to safety. The mission was a complete success.

Lesson: if you don't read the briefing properly, you're gonna have a bad time.
FA missions & session host. Tank appreciater.