[Sun] 02 Mar 2014 (Hello, Altis)

How we died (in the future)
Syn

Re: [Sun] 02 Mar 2014 (Hello, Altis)

Post by Syn »

Man, i'm so sorry i couldn't attend. Can't wait to dive into altis and return to the FOLK ranks! If all goes well, i'll be there next sunday.

wolfenswan

Re: [Sun] 02 Mar 2014 (Hello, Altis)

Post by wolfenswan »

A grey corridor in an underground complex somewhere under the Urals. The dim neon light is broken by the cables and pipes running along the ceiling and walls, cracks and crumbling mortar revealing their age. A man hurries through the hallways, the paper in his hands a lone speck of white in his ash-grey surroundings. Automatic doors open and slam shut as he moves along. Guards pause for a moment and take a firmer grip on their AK, unsure what to make of the hurry. Finally, he reaches his destination. The last door is not automatic but needs verification. As his identification is processed, the delay lets realization seep in. The magnitude of the message causes anxiousness to creep into his bones. But before he would have any further moment for second thoughts, the heavily layered door opens and the light of the room behind bursts into the floor. Blinded, the man stumbles forward, panting. He raises the pape. Faces turn, a collection of worry, tension and even excitement. "We are stable!" the man croaks, "57 players and playable FPS! K-19 III is holding up!". His message delivered, exhaustion overcomes him. He drops to his knees barely noticing the commotion around him. Grown men, both civilian and military, errupting into cheers. Hugging, some with tears in their eyes, as the tension of the last hours fades into ecstasy. Outside, further down the hallway, a guard can hear the celebration. He does not understand, but he knows better than to question the heads of the party. For all he know, they might just have made a magnificient leap into the future.

Bay
- Alpha Medic

Pretty, pretty fog. Also more or less a cake walk until the Mi-48 showed up. After a few mocking passes without engaging us, it started spewing fire and sulphur on us. Scrambling, we lost platoon cohesion and ended up in an entangled mess between our two targets. I followed my SL Ferrard towards a better position but while he managed to remain unscathed, I got mowed down by the bullets meant for him.

Manhunt
AAF
- B3 AAR

Gunning the Strider, we went ahead (!) of the motorized column, being told to park inside (!) the town. Miraculously, we managed to survive for a lot longer than we had deserved (one second) and took out a few FIA before ended ourselves by a rifle grenade.

Goat Ridge
- B? AR

Again a rather pleasant trip, cut short by enemies in our back/flank which we had missed.